Took Exam On 8/12/19

• Creator
    Topic
    Alex
    Participant

Offal, so offal…GOD OFFal….terrible…

First testlet was heavy cost accounting and finance…second testlet was coso and IT…sims were budgets, finance, and cost…wc’s were COSO and IT…

I felt like I bombed the first testlet.
    I felt like I guessed alot of coso and IT questions on the second testlet.
    Sims were long calculations where i felt like I was fighting for answers. I feel like i messed up the budget question eventhough the instructor went over it.

Wc’s I felt solid on, cause the questions were relatively easy…but who knows probably bombed that too….

Can’t believe I spent 200 hours studying to feel so under prepared…biggest mistake was only focusing on new mcq’s…i should have retaken old mcq’s I did in the past, because I feel like i forgot the answers to them and they were on the exam.

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 75
    REG - 81
    Thank you,

Alex

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Painted_Jeans
    Participant

I had same shit on mine and I felt like I failed it very strongly and I did :-(((( I also felt like i failed other 2 that i passed but not as bad as BEC. It was definitely THE MOST shitty experience. I'm retaking it early September and suffering thru cost with Becker. It's sooooo hard, i cannot get my head around it. I would honestly retake FAR :-((( hope you have good news 8/22!!! I'm waiting for Reg.

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

BEC - 56 (April 2019); CREDIT (September 2019)

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

Cobalt60
    Participant

Sounds like the same BEC test I took in July. Cost sim, ERM wc and I struggled with both MCQ sections. I could remember EBOCA, but no idea what the letters were for. I left sure that I'd failed.

Got a 90 so all that agonizing for nothing.

AUD - 91
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 84
    REG - 89
    -
    icandoit
    Participant

Hope you passed. I felt like I failed FAR but passed barely. So do not lose hope yet 🙂
    What do you mean by “focusing on new mcq's…i should have retaken old mcq's I did in the past”? Thanks.

AUD - 72
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    I can do everything through him who gives me strength [Philippians 4:13]

FAR: 74, 80
    BEC: 70, 68, 2/28/15
    REG: 75 Expired; 72
    AUD: TBD

"And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive". Matthew 21:22

Alex
    Participant

New Mcq's are important to get new looks at the same information. However, I use Wiley and each module has only so many questions. When one completes those questions and technically if you are only doing new questions, then you aren't going back over that old information. Also, I believe the questions that Wiley chose to go with each module are the questions they feel fit the information that is being studied and applies most to the exam. I wish I spent more time on Ninja questions, because they actually seem harder than Wiley also the metric that shows you what you struggled on is pretty good.

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 75
    REG - 81
    Thank you,

Alex

Alex
    Participant

Also…I have been through the experience of thinking I failed on REG and then actually passing with an 81…However, I feel like there was some questions I should have known the answer and I couldn't remember them on the BEC exam…I am not sure how I did on all the finance and cost, because I struggled with those the most when I was studying…I don't think I passed at all…I think this exam is unnecessarily difficult…supposed to be the easiest…it literally makes no sense to have 4 incredibly difficult exams…

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 75
    REG - 81
    Thank you,

Alex

Lily
    Participant

HELLO GUYS,

WHAT ABOUT ECONOMICS? ISN'T HEAVILY TESTED?

THANK YOU,

Unknown
    Participant

BEC is NOT the easiest exam. AICPA made sure of that in 2017 with the major changes they made. Pre-2017, there were high passing rates. After this, everything went down the drain. Most people have been failing it recently. It's almost one of the most difficult for me so far.

It took me 5 attempts to pass BEC with 200+ hours of studying. AUD study hours approx 100 and passed on my very first attempt. I am currently studying for REG and so far, i enjoyed studying for AUD and REG, definitely not the devils child, BEC. I am glad I passed this and it's over and done with. It was my greatest nightmare.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    There is no such thing as failing the CPA exam, there is only such thing as quitting the exam process. Never give up. There is a bright light behind the tunnel.
    Alex
    Participant

Update: I got a 72, I will take it again in October.

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 75
    REG - 81
    Thank you,

Alex

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.