Allocation of Common Cost: Is this a frequent area in the BEC exam?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mujahid_ Abu Dahda
    Participant

I am currently reading for BEC retake sometimes when COVID-19 is over. I came across this topic under Operations Management. Two methods to allocate common cost:

The Standalone method and
    The Incremental method.

There is also an extension of the incremental method called the Shapley method. The point is, I have never seen a question on this area in my review course. I am currently using Yaeger Review and I plan to supplement NINJA.
    Has any of you guys seen a question on common cost allocation. I would love to see one.

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

Ive taken BEC 7 times and ive never seen it being tested. It also wasn't covered on my 2017 BEC. Maybe, its because i used the old text book? I just checked EDSPIRA YOUTUBE video on these subjects and its actually pretty easy to understand. Just in case, you should just become familiar with them. You should definitely know how to allocate joint cost though.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Mujahid_ Abu Dahda
    Participant

Thank you @CPAHOPE. Surely you gonna make it next attempt.

About your BEC attempts, what do you think you have been doing wrong in the exams? For me, my first attempt I got 70. I didnt pass because i wasted quality time on the mcq and I had to literally brush through the sims and I had about 30 mins to do WC. I have learnt from my mistake and will make sure i strictly do 90 mins on MCQ, 90 mins on SIM and a whole hr reserve for WC.
    From your experience, do you think this is a good plan to stick to? I am open to any advise.

Thank you

CPAHOPE
    Participant

Lol Mujahid, Ive passed on my 7th attempt with a 76. I thought i would get higher because i felt pretty good about the test. I do highly regret not passing it earlier. I realized that i was keep failing because i wasn't totally aware of my weakness or i assumed i understood everything. Sometimes you dont even recognize your weakness which is why i think many fail as well as mismanagement of time. I was always doing poorly on variance analysis which prevented me from passing. Once i buckled down and focused on little details of variance analysis, I passed. You only need 45 minutes for your WC i think but one hour is fine.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.