Any chance I passed BEC?

• Creator
    Topic
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

Took BEC yesterday and it was heavy on calculations on my mcqs but a lot of them I was able to manage. The conceptual mcqs were what tripped me up a lot. Many of them were not very straight forward and Becker did not do a great job with IT. At worst I’d say I got 40 mcq right. The sims are what ruined me. 1 sim I got 2 out of 5 boxes, another 4or5 out of 6, and another I think I got completely right. I had to move on and guess on the last one which was by far the longest sim. It had 6or8 exhibits so I’m hoping that is the pre-test. Written communication is what it is. I added buzzwords, intro,body,conclusion. Hopefully got full credit for those. What are my chances???

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    runincpa
    Participant

Definitely have a chance. I felt like my test was similar to yours and I got an 82. I had a hecka long sim and just guessed on a couple of them so i could finish in time.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 77
    REG - 87
    Gotta get that bonus!
    Painted_Jeans
    Participant

I'm in the same boat. I felt awful after the test. Took it 9/9.. failed miserably the first time hoping it was easy so I didnt put in the time. Second time around I studied much harder, still feel like i failed. Never had so much headache with other three.

9/18 cant come soon enough!!!

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

BEC - 56 (April 2019); CREDIT (September 2019)

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

GetThisCPA94
    Participant

Same boat as you, probably a bit worse actually.

Spent too much time on the multiple choice. I feel like there's no way I got more than 5 wrong on the second testlet and no more than 7 on the first testlet, but we'll see. The SIMs absolutely crushed me. They will literally make or break me, I had 2 Sims where I only filled out maybe 4 or 5 boxes in total correctly (or knowledgeably, at the least) and did Ok on the other two…I'm hoping one of the harder sims was a pretest question

Im pretty sure I completely bombed the WC. I'm a pretty good writer in general, even went as far to start my own writing company, but I only had maybe 15 or so mins for the WCs and on my last one, was only able to get maybe 5 words in, total, including the greeting and conclusion.

I have low hopes. My only saving grace would be that the MC difficult questions brings my weighted average up and the SIMs and WC I bombed were the pretest.

What's weird is I felt the most confident about this test compared to AUD and REG, and ended up passing both, but not so sure I'll pass this one.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 81
    REG - 77
    This too shall pass...
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

@GetThisCPA94 Definitely sounds like you did better than me on mcq. Hopefully we all pull through. I've learned to accept that you either know it or you don't for the most part on the mcq. Max 45-50min per mcq testlet.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

GetThisCPA94
    Participant

@Tiramisu That's actually some pretty good advice regarding the MC. Hopefully I only use it for FAR and not BEC again haha

AUD - 76
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 81
    REG - 77
    This too shall pass...
    TheeAccountant
    Participant

The writing is such easy points you need to manage your time so you have at least 10-15 minutes for each one. I felt terrible about BEC when I left out of Prometric. In fact half way through the exam I thought, “why am I doing this?” and momentarily daydreamed about getting up and walking out LOL I would say it was the most difficult for time management, more difficult than managing time on FAR. I thought I might have failed it but I got a 92 on it haha you probably did fine. BEC has the highest pass rate so the odds are in your favor 😁

AUD - 85
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    I've found an anomaly in the Space-Time Continuum. NASBA and the AICPA are in the 19th century. They use slide rules to score the exam, and then they send the scores by Pony Express to the State Boards. That's why it takes so long for them to do a score release.
    say
    Participant

Yo my test was a MF!! I spent an hour and 10 on the first booklet alone. There were a lot of calcs but they were not easy, they were multi step, time consuming AF questions. I studied and covered COSO, Econ, Fin Mgmt, Ops Mgmt, and IT I just ran out of study time for so I glanced through it. It is what it is, but my exam algorithim picked up on my weakness and the second booklet had so many IT questions and the WC were all IT related. F******* Barely anything on economics, waste of all that study time I spent really soaking that stuff in. The questions I had in the second booklet were harder. IT component and then there were some tricky financial mgmt. questions. One of them had to have been a pretest questions b/c I couldn't tell if it was a hedging/derivative question or the ops management contribution margin related. It was gangster. I'm venting at this point. I am not hoping for anything at this point. Im glad that I find out in 9 days the score so I can plan quickly should I happen to fail.

Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

@TheeAccountant how much of your sims do you think you got right?

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Nini
    Participant

I think I messed up MCQs. they were so hard and i flagged at least 8 or 9 on both testlets. My Sims were SO SO SIMPLE (two on SWOT analysis, one on Cost Variances and one on the DM, DL, Fixed OVH cost thing). I guess it was due to my poor performance on MCQs they gave me easy Sims. I couldn't believe how bad i did on MCQs. My mind is so messed up right now.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 81
    REG - 84
    Finally done!!!
    Icarito
    Participant

@Nini my SIMS were quite simple as well (variance, KPI, advantages/disadvantages, ratio analysis compared to industry standards), but I don't feel like I did that bad on MCQ. As time passes since my 9/7 exam, I think I might be downplaying the fact I may have messed up testlet 1 and my test didn't see so hard after that. Hopefully even if I did bad on T1, I turned it around after that. We'll see in a week…at this point I feel like I either got a 90 or a 70

FAR - 80 (4/1/2019)

BEC - 82 (9/7/2019)

AUD - 81 (11/23/2019)

REG - 94 (3/9/2020)

bigstakk
    Participant

There really is no point in wasting a bunch of energy trying to figure out if you passed. It’s done and all you can do is just wait for your score and go from there. Speculating about how it could’ve gone won’t change anything. Good luck.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

say
    Participant

I had the same sims as you. I agree with the one who posted above. It is time to let it go. I know how it is to go back and forth on it. I even went back to my book to see how many I got wrong. Human nature. Good luck.

Anthony
    Participant

You have a 58.93% chance of passing this.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

Thanks all for the encouragement.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

Amanda
    Participant

I felt exactly like you. I wasn't confident really on any of the sims, I got caught up spending way too much time on my first MQC and had tons of calculations. I knew one WC very thoroughly because it related to my past career, and I knew another decently well … but the third one I had NO idea about and just rambled (with an intro, body, and conclusion but it was definitely not technically correct). I was convinced I failed – worse than I felt after FAR … but I got a 91, so you can too!

AUD - 95
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 84
    REG - NINJA in Training
    If you're going through hell, keep going.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.