BEC Study Group - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Diana
    Participant

Help!!!
    Okay so I have Roger and just signed up with Ninja this week.
    I’m desperate; a mom of an active 2 year old boy, wife of a useless husband (haha – sorry but he’s no help & I give up trying to get it), and work FT.

OK taking BEC jan 2nd.
    I’ve gone through all of Rogers videos and sections and most of the Qs once.

What should I do?! I feel like taking all these notes has been useless because I end up using the books and/or print outs.

What should I hammer in? What sections/topics?

Any advice is helping!

I need a good way to review because I keep switching back and forth on things and I think it’s ruining SO much time.

Let your biggest failures be your biggest motivators.

we are all trying to better ourselves; we made it this far, we got this!!

sg235
    Participant

@Diana- I hear you on the switching back and forth.
    I may not be the best to answer this since I didn't pass the exam myself last window but study COSO, IT main stuff, variances, breakeven. Do the TBS as they usually encompass a fair bit of the concepts. Read through your notes first to give yourself a good refresher and hopefully practice with TBS and MCQ will help sink everything in. Good luck!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    They were on to something when they said do it right the first time..
    Diana
    Participant

@sg235

Thank you! Okay I will do that! It’s so hard sticking to ONE thing.
    I actually kept skipping the TBS questions because I’m always SO tired.
    But you honestly just motivated me by responding. Tomorrow morning I plan starting all the TBS questions and finishing them first.

It’s always good to hear it from someone else speaking directly to you! Even though after FAR I kept thinking wow I should have practiced more TBS lol

sg235
    Participant

@Diana.. haha yes it does help to hear it!
    Also the TBS are much more time consuming so plan for those. It always takes me longer to get through them.
    Also, understand elasticity and the basics of supply and demand and market types.. monopoly etc.
    I think those are important to know.
    Also, not sure if Roger has a feature to flag questions or you wrote any down during your first go round that were difficult or you felt were important, work through those again as well.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    eleppla7896
    Participant

I'm taking BEC again on 1/5/2019, and I heard the ACIPA practice exam is typically very similar to what is on the actual exam. When I went to go take their sample exam, there were only 10 MCQs and 3 SIM testlets with 1-2 SIMs in each. Is this right? I was expecting something more similar to the actual exam in terms of length.

Thanks!

sg235
    Participant

@Eleppala I have the same question. I also thought there would be more questions since everyone says it is similar to the actual exam. But I had the same experience as you.. if that helps at all.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    sg235
    Participant

Econ question if anyone can help- how is the increase in bank reserves expansionary? Perhaps they are saying this in a different context than I am understanding? Thanks

Question – The primary mechanism of monetary control of the Federal Reserve System is:
    Answer- Conducting open market operations.
    Explanation- Open market operations (buying and selling government securities) are the primary means used by the Fed to control the money supply. Fed purchases are expansionary. They increase bank reserves and the money supply. Fed sales are contractional. If money is paid into the Federal Reserve, bank reserves are reduced, and the money supply decreases.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    Diana
    Participant

@sg235

Think of it this way…

You have expansions and contractions.

How will the federal reserve system help to stimulate the economy and help it expand?
    INCREASE the money supply
    How will they do that?
    They will spend their money; “increase government/fed spending”.
    Putting $$$ in the economy, more money in banks; which I think is what they probably mean by “increase banks reserve”.
    More money in the economy – means banks have more, so they’ll not only distribute/loan to consumers, but they’ll also have more in their vault. More money in vault = more lending.
    People getting loans = they buy more.
    Economy keeps expanding.
    More spending of gov leads to lending from banks
    Leading to more jobs from businesses, which decreases unemployment rate. Etc.

If a certain question confuses me and i spend more than a few minutes on it; I normally google it. Don’t underestimate how effective a 3 minute YouTube video can be when you’re confused! In all honesty I think the info I google I seem to remember later on!

sg235
    Participant

Thanks Diana. I tried to google it first but didn't come up with a specific solution to the bank reserves part. The rest of it made total sense but I was hung up on how increasing bank reserves is expansionary based on that specific answer since that is contradictory of expansion. Maybe that is simply all it meant that more money just leads to more reserve like you said, as the 20% of $1M will obviously be higher than 20% of 500k. Thanks! Good luck in a couple of days!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    Tiorys
    Participant

Hi everyone! Has anyone sat for the exam yet this window? I wanted to get an idea of what topics are heavily tested. Thanks!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 75
    REG - 86
    All of our sacrifices will bear fruit soon enough!
    To0ld2Pass
    Participant

@Tiorys, only seen one post so far and person said the first testlet was calculation heavy. Which sucks because I think i've had the hardest time out of all exams on this one. I take it tomorrow so we will see!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 78
    Always chose the road less traveled.
    SAMP03
    Participant

I am taking my BEC exam on Jan 15th, I have one week to go before my exam, but with work schedules and all. I have maybe 4 days of pure studying time left. I scored 69 and an horrible 62 (score went down!!) on the my becker ME1 and ME2 respectively. So getting a little nervous right now. Any last minutes tips or any words of advice would be really appreciated, if you guys know something I should focus on?

Despite endless practise can't get over 65% in BEC 3 and BEC 4 sections.

This is my last exam so there is the added pressure of not letting my FAR score expire in the next 4 months.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    If I can do it ....so can you!!
    Diana
    Participant

Hi! So I just sat for BEC jan 2nd!
    Here is a helpful hint; the aicpa questions and TBS questions…
    KNOW THEM!
    I was stupid enough to forget about looking at that the night before my exam.
    Kinda glanced at it right before my exam; the TBS format of the Tbs I got was VERY similar.
    Know WACC, don’t waste too much time trying to remember formulas; memorization does nothing. Actually understand ROI, residual income, IRR, NPV, etc.
    Surprisingly not too much of the supply and demand… had like 2 Qs about it lol.
    Good luck!

red07
    Participant

@Diana what do you mean by aicpa questions (the ones in their practice test?)

In Training
    Diana
    Participant

Yep! Sorry haha the practice is very helpful.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.