BEC Study Group - Page 4

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jona
    Participant

@Pendragon87

Would you be able to give some hints/tips on the sections/equations that we should focus more heavily on? Anything else besides equations that would be helpful with the SIMS? That's what I struggled a lot on last time :/

Pendragon87
    Participant

@Jona

Study all the capital budgeting techniques (Payback, IRR, ARR, NPV), Economic value added, inventory ratios, break even analysis, and contribution margin/gross profit type questions.

SIMS are such a wild card, you can get anything there from FAR type sims, to Balanced score cards, to SWOT analysis, etc. You kind of have to get lucky for the SIMS and get something that you know well.

AUD Score  74 , 73 , 68 , 78

BEC Score    71 , 82

FAR Score   60 , 76

REG Score   61, 82

CPAnerd
    Participant

Thank you, were your sims. on Balance score cards and SWOT analysis?

CPAnerd
    Participant

Also where is transfer pricing in the textbook, its in Final Review but I cannot find it in the textbook?

gir
    Participant

I took my exam last week and I would agree with @Diego. You need to know everything he said PLUS COSO and IT. I would not just skim these sections and think you can just wing it. I heard that it took some people two hours plus just to get through the MCQs because of all the math. This was not my experience. It took me about 40 mins per testlet and finished with about 25 minutes left. Also, as others have said, the three essays can be on any topic so knowing how to write is better than trying to study topics to guess what may be on the exam. Good luck!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 85
    REG - 78
    “If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
    Anonn
    Participant

Does anyone have any way to better understand exchange rates and exchange rate issues? I’m having a hard time understanding the concept

AUD - NINJA IN TRAINING

BEC - Test on 3/9/19

FAR - NINJA IN TRAINING

REG - NINJA IN TRAINING

Diana
    Participant

I’m guessing you’re asking about this:

Let’s say – you have 1.00 US$ and the exchange rate is to 1.20 EURO

$1.00 goes from 1.20 EURO to 1.40 EURO

IF you’re the BUYER:

yesterday you could have bought a candy bar 1.20E – today you have to pay 1.40E

Bad for buyer

If you’re the SELLER:

Yesterday you could have sold a candy bar and gotten 1.20 – today you can sell it for 1.40E

Good for seller

Let your biggest failures be your biggest motivators.

we are all trying to better ourselves; we made it this far, we got this!!

Cocoadough
    Participant

Just retook BEC today and hopefully that was my last exam. I used Becker as my main study course and supplemented with Wiley test bank. I would say Becker mcqs were much harder and Wiley's TB had more conceptual questions that resembled the exam. Praying to see a 75 in the next few weeks!

CPAnerd
    Participant

has anyone used the iPhone app CPA BEC Mastery helpful that has taken the exam?? I want to know if I should use it.

CPAnerd
    Participant

hey do you think the app CPA BEC Masterly is helpful for the IT Section?

ndunsmore
    Participant

Does the AICPA have 2019 Bec sample tests? Becker has the 2018 sample test, but I can't seem to find the 2019 one at all.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 75
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 2/2019 - Passed - 2,000 MCQ's , 10 Simulations, Reviewed Written Portion Outline

AUD - 3/2019 - Awaiting Score (3/19) - 2,500 MCQ's - Very Few Simulations

REG - 4/2019

FAR 6/2019

Looking forward to putting this whole process behind me!

Steven K
    Participant

Hey guys. I just started studying for BEC and assuming all went well with REG (which I took 2 days ago on 1/22), this will be my last section. I tentatively have the exam scheduled for Feb 16th. I intend on studying about 4-5hrs per day. Any advice on topics that are super important would be great. Also, is there any place I can figure out what the writing portion of BEC is like?

"If you put in the extra effort at the beginning, the process won't take as long."

FAR - 81 (11/10/18)
    AUD - 79 (12/8/18)
    REG - 84 (1/22/19)
    BEC - 84 (2/13/2019)

Mission CPA
    Participant

Is anyone using Becker and drowning on B2 – Financial Management? It is taking me forever to get through this material. Does it get any better moving forward? I am really concerned I bit off more than I can chew this busy season.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    One good test day is all you need!
    Jona
    Participant

I'm struggling with B2-B4 to be honest lol all the math stuff takes me a while to get through. If anyone has tips that'd be great!

Steven K
    Participant

Yeah B2 is killing me as well!

"If you put in the extra effort at the beginning, the process won't take as long."

FAR - 81 (11/10/18)
    AUD - 79 (12/8/18)
    REG - 84 (1/22/19)
    BEC - 84 (2/13/2019)

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.