BEC Study Group - Page 7

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

@sg235

May I ask what CPA course you used to study for BEC?

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    Just give me a 75 and let me become a CPA
    gdubb29
    Participant
    sg235
    Participant

I used Wiley and partly Gleim (partly because I was not able to fully complete the entire Gliem test bank)

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    They were on to something when they said do it right the first time..
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

hi guys, any one has taken the test lately? will appreciate any insight on what was included in the test. You do not have to say exactly what the testing included, just the major parts that were in the test.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Hi all,

Just passed AUD (BARELY) with a 75! I'm taking BEC in about a week and a half and I was wondering if any of you who just passed or have taken BEC before have any advice on what I should be focusing on within this time period, or if you have any study suggestions. Thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    CantStopWontStop
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I took BEC in May 2017. It expired and I plan to start re-studying again this week. Any suggestions on how I should study. Should I re-study all of the material (lectures, notes, read, etc_ or do practice questions by sections. I plan to re-take in May 2019.

Any advice will help. Thanks!

AUD - 81
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 82
    I've come too far to give up! Philippians 4:13
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Hi All,

I take BEC this Sunday (3/10) and the thing I'm most nervous about is the Written Communication section. I heard Becker used to have a video explaining how to format, but I cannot seem to find that & I think they may have taken it off. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to go about the WC's, or if there is a video out there that seemed to be helpful? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Sturg
    Participant

I took BEC a few days ago and I must say the toughest part from only my view were the written communications. Of course the MC can be a bit difficult, but I was not prepared for the writing portion nearly enough. I wish I had done more practice memos and taken them seriously rather than thinking that I only needed to understand the material and the writing would take care of itself. Like anything else, I would say practice, practice, practice. Here's a decent break down from Roger course.. I have a feeling I'll be needing it again when score release comes around.. ugh

AUD - 81
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    Just keep studying..
    CantStopWontStop
    Participant

I purchased Wiley CPAexcel Virtual Course for BEC. Last week the course started and they had a great breakdown on how to answer the question and how to format the question. It's $100. The second class starts tonight and I'm so happy i purchased it.

AUD - 81
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 82
    I've come too far to give up! Philippians 4:13
    Renée
    Participant

It is on there! On the left hand side of your home screen click the open book icon (under the home button). Select the continue course button. Click the play button to the right of tutorials and it will open up to allow you to select the video on written communications.

nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Thank you so much! I would never have thought of it being there

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Alexander
    Participant

Hunter, anything you would've done differently in terms of studying? I'm currently using Roger as well.

-Lex
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

I posted a response but bit sure why it did not go through.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

Alexander, do as much MCQs as you could. Also try to practice those WCs and make sure you know how to start the memo, organize your thoughts in the body (2 or more paragraphs) and a nice conclusion. For TBS, Roger does not have a lot of them so make sure you know how to solve them. I think I used all of Roger materials and cannot find another way to use it differently.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    sg235
    Participant

Know COSO!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    They were on to something when they said do it right the first time..
Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.