BEC Study Group - Page 8

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    pwhite8388
    Participant

Took it today. MCQs were really hard. SIMs and WCs seemed reasonable. I'm hoping I passed but I think I felt worse walking out of this one than any of the other parts. Took me 2 hours just to get through the MCQs.

FAR-81 August 2018
    REG-81 November 2018
    AUD-83 January 2019
    BEC-91 March 2019
    YouCanDoIt
    Participant

already getting anxiety waiting for the 19th score release!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

FreshCPA
    Participant

I have been on this forum for awhile and figured I should give my experience back to the community after taking BEC. I just took the exam today. The exam was very heavy on IT, maybe 30-40% of the exam. I definitely think Becker over prepare you for the formulas for B2 and B4. Definitely know your variances before going in. I don’t think Becker prepared me well for the IT part.
    I genuinely think people who test in the same testing window have similar test since I have similar experience as those who tested before me in Q1.
    Hopefully I passed! Good luck everyone.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    “Treat it like a job, and you will be fine.”
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Continuing from the comment above, I just took mine today as well. I felt the first testlet was eh, but the second seemed harder so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. I had a lot of COSO & they were a bit confusing. Had a decent amount of IT saw well & it was nothing I’ve ever seen before between Ninja & Becker. The SIMs were decent, I feel like that could go either way. The WCs were fairly simple. I’m hoping I passed, but I’m not really sure how to feel.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    Mission CPA
    Participant

Hey BEC group! I just took my exam yesterday, and what a disappointment. I was tested on a good mix of everything except for the main ideas others have mentioned (minimal IT, COSO, and variance), which is fine and I respect the AICPA for challenging me. Unfortunately, the topics listed were my strengths and the topics tested were my weaknesses. I felt like T1 hit me over the head and I had to guess on 8 MCQs and flagged 11. T2 was moderate, more conceptual in nature with minimal calculations. I did have to guess on 3 and flagged 9 just to be safe. I found a typo in a question which I thought was funny. T3 was an absolute beast. I looked at my second sim for 20 minutes, until I realized how to do it with 5 minutes left in my self-given time frame. T4 was easy. Like ridiculously easy. Finally T5 was manageable and I was able to answer every question they gave me, and I feel confident in my writing skills. Also, there is spell check for the WC, which was one of my concerns as I am a horrible speller. Overall I am going to try to stay positive but this was probably a loss. I now know where to focus, which are my weaknesses, while keeping my strengths sharp just in case next time I get the test I had hoped for (heavy IT and COSO). Good luck to everyone! March 19th can't come soon enough.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    One good test day is all you need!
    YouCanDoIt
    Participant

Had the exact experience, even the typo, lol “pian” I believe ? I wonder if they throw out the question due to typo.

I counted around 12 different topics altogether. I don't want to give the specifics of course due to the disclosure issues. My husband asked how'd it go, and I said can't really say one way or another. I felt “okay,” but you never know until the actual score release (my nightmare is getting between 70-74). But IN CASEEE I have to re-take this, I wrote down the topics and questions that I was unsure about so that I could learn to do them correctly. With nothing to do yesterday, I tackled the stuff I had wrote down.

WC's were good, straight forward topics.

So anxious about that score release, especially because it would be the last one for me!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

pwhite8388
    Participant

@ Mission CPA

We had a really similar experience and we scored similarly on our past tests. MCQ 1 was really hard and very computational, MCQ2 was medium to me and I felt the same as you on the TBSes. I couldn't believe how easy one of the SIMs was and the rest were reasonable. The WCs didn't seem too bad either. If I failed it was because of poor MCQ performance and if I passed it was because of a strong second half of the exam.

I studied about 90 hours total and reviewed with 1,700 MCQs. I didn't really review any SIMs besides the AICPA and Wiley practice exam but I'm glad I didn't because it wouldn't have helped. I haven't seen anyone post they felt the test was anything but difficult so hopefully that bodes well. More than half of test-takers pass BEC so I'm hoping we did well enough!

I'm going to take off from studying until we get the results next week. Worst case I will aim to retake in April. I have 4 more tries to pass BEC before losing any credits so I am not stressing too much.

FAR-81 August 2018
    REG-81 November 2018
    AUD-83 January 2019
    BEC-91 March 2019
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

It seems as if everyone who just took BEC within the last couple of days had the same reaction & hopefully that’s a good sign for all of us. Waiting this week for the results is going to be an absolute killer.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    Mission CPA
    Participant

I am also taking off from studying until tax season is over, and then I will go from there. This is also my last test, so the pressure to pass is on. I also have a good amount of time before any of my other exams expire, and I wouldn't fret about not passing BEC. I am glad I have work to keep me distracted these next 8 days!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

I also have a lot of work to do with this busy season but the waiting will kill me anyway.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    Just give me a 75 and let me become a CPA
    mew512
    Participant

Hi all!

I noticed a ton of people posting on here are getting their score on the 19th so I figured I would share my story/results… To be transparent, I thought I would start out “strong” and start with BEC. So I took some MCs, read a little, and went in for my exam in November. As you can imagine, it went terrible LOL. I scored a 61 (well deserved). That was kind of a kick in the butt to buckle down for a solid month and crush it. So I studied basically every chance I got and felt pretty confident going in for the second time. I took it February 18th and got my score back the 25th (early score release). I got a 74 *sigh*.

My BEC experience Q1 2019:

1st testlet: I had questions on everything expected. I flagged probably 5-8.

2nd testlet: Some of them were process of elimination and some I just had to guess.

Good luck to everyone who took it this window and is waiting to hear their score back! I hope I didn't scare anyone with my 74. If it helps- I have terrible testing anxiety which probably was reflected in my score. Best of luck!

pwhite8388
    Participant

@Mew512 How did you feel you did on your sims?

FAR-81 August 2018
    REG-81 November 2018
    AUD-83 January 2019
    BEC-91 March 2019
    mew512
    Participant

I felt iffy. I’d say I struggle with sims no matter what, but the first 2 sims were easier than the last one. The last sim took me way longer than expected and was full of calculations

Mission CPA
    Participant

I passed BEC! I am done. I hope the exam went well for y'all. To freedom!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    FreshCPA
    Participant

Just received an 82 on BEC that I took last week. I want to say that the becker vs actual exam score spreadsheet is not accurate on the BEC part, at least not for me. It seems like people are averaging 25+ score increase from their becker mock exam, my becker bump on BEC is around 12 points, which is consistent with my FAR and AUD.

For future BEC takers, I would definitely try to average a 65 on becker mock before going in to take the real exam. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

P.S this is the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WShobew1j_uGAf2K1bpoDppqzqjBpBuPsjmmjdJNHKw/edit#gid=1667672487

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    “Treat it like a job, and you will be fine.”
Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.