BEC Study Group - Page 9

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    red07
    Participant

I took BEC Jan 9th and got a 65. I used Becker, watched the videos, read the print, did the mcqs also used ninja audio and notes. I know the places I missed and thats what made me not pass the exam.
    My question is should I stick with the same Becker routine which I feel is very time consuming or should I try out another course maybe.
    I understand very well with videos and then going through the print but Becker bored me alot underlining and circling.
    any suggestions please???

In Training
    Island Mango
    Participant

@Red07 I am the same, I learn best with a good lecture. If you have the cash to spare, I suggest Roger. I was using Wiley previously and the lectures were dry & boring. I have a short attention span. With Wiley lectures, my mind would wander off. Once I switched to Roger, the concepts solidified for me. His dynamic & engaging held my attention enough that I started understanding better instead of just memorizing. You can watch some of his YouTube videos or do a free trial before committing. Oh I also stopped watching lectures on my laptop & instead hooked my iPhone to my TV. Having the lecture streaming on a big screen helped me relax & in turn I think my mind was more receptive instead of bored. I have to tell you though that I did not only watch the lectures. I also worked a lot on the MCQs & SIMs. When I get a question wrong, I looked it up in the textbook & tried to understand why I was wrong.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 79
    REG - 76
    Dust yourself off and keep moving.
    CPA Hunter
    Participant

Delete

AUD - 78
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 79
    Just give me a 75 and let me become a CPA
    mew512
    Participant

@red07 maybe just review your notes / what you lacked in Becker and get a cheap supplement! I'm also terrible at listening to the lectures. Instead, I bought a white board and rewrote equations / concepts that weren't sticking. Also used the white board to practice calculations. Good luck!!

DaKine256
    Participant

@Fresh I actually had a different experience with the Becker mock exams vs actual. I scored 55, 64, and 71 on the BEC mock exams, for an average of 63. I got a 96 on the actual exam. It might be worth noting that I had much higher scores on just the mcq's though (averaged in the 70s). I struggled with the Becker sims and found the sims much easier on the actual exam.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 91
    REG - 84
    Achievement Unlocked!
    red07
    Participant

@Mew512 i want to stay cost effective. Already paying for Becker. I was thinking activating Ninja again and going through their videos and mcqs which I never used last time.

In Training
    Mission CPA
    Participant

@Red07 I think sticking with Becker rather than completely ditching it would be best. I struggled with the time Becker's course required to do it “their” way on BEC. During my third week of studying Becker's way, I switched to my way and never went back. I was grasping the material as I listened to the lectures, circling and highlighting the book, but I was doing horrible on the MCQs and was not doing the Sims/WC due to the amount of time it was taking me to get through the material. I didn't listen to the lectures and strictly read the book, took diligent notes, did the MCQs, Sims and WC. When I didn't grasp something, then I went to the lectures. I am a visual learner, and not so much auditory. I would study 3-4 hours a day (more on weekends) throughout my entire 8 weeks of studying, but I was able to get through all of the second-half material doing it my way and I passed! Even with the exam testing my weaknesses. Determine the way you learn and personalize the Becker program to fit. I also used NINJA MCQ, Audio, and Blitz Videos during my review phase to mix it up. I wouldn't say it is necessary, but it is inexpensive and great material. Good luck, discipline and a positive mindset are key!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    One good test day is all you need!
    Determined24
    Participant

Anyone here passed FAR with With Wiley and Ninja?

All or Nothing
    cpabro
    Participant

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if the actual BEC SIMS gives you the “Analytics Definition” (aka formula for all the ratios, etc) like they do on the AICPA practice sims?

AUD - 75
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 75
    REG - 78
    Hi
    mcast126
    Participant

Any tips on how to study for this exam? Lots of concepts and formulas to remember. Thank you!

passing_by_2019
    Participant

Hi guys,

just took BEC last Friday… the language of the test I found to be different than Becker. I felt prepared overall when I started the test, but 5 minutes in I was just confused. I studied a lot for this exam, but I feel like I did okay on the MCQ's, but the Sims seem like torture. I feel like they take 10 Becker simulation and consolidate them into the 4. I guess we will see!

AUD: 73, 79

BEC: 80

FAR: 69, 78

REG: 76

Terre Paul
    Participant

Will be taking BEC in the early part of May. It is my final exam! I am excited. I am using Becker, but I wonder how accurate its grading of the written exam sims match the way that they'll be graded on the actual exam. I gather that its all about the form, organization and punctuation and not about the content. Is that correct?

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 81
    REG - 77
    The race is not given to the swift or strong, but to him that perseveres to the end.
    sayazali
    Participant

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this platform. I am taking BEC this July. Can you guys guide or walk me through to the experiences you guys have that could help me in passing this part? Currently, I am studying from BECKERS and solving all the MCQs at the end of each topic. Also, I work full-time, and these lecture videos are taking too long for me to get to MCQs. Please guide!

Thanks,
    Ali

Taking BEC this July 2019
    Jona
    Participant

Hey guys!

I'm unfortunately taking BEC for the 3rd time 🙁 any tips on what to do different this time around/what I should focus on?

Any helped would be appreciated!!!

Terre Paul
    Participant

Ditch the lectures. Answer every question and then take the mocks. they should guide your studies remaining, as you focus on weak points while continuing comprehensive practice exams, so not to forget your strong points.The lectures are useful when you have commute time or find specific topics especially hard.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 81
    REG - 77
    The race is not given to the swift or strong, but to him that perseveres to the end.
Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.