[BEC] Exam Prep and Score Releases: January-February 2010

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,735 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MPoni123
    Participant

taking BEC sometime in January. anybody else? just started studying using Becker. i am sure i will be ready if i take it in the beginning of January because i still have 4 weeks to study…but i am debating taking it towards the end only because i think i will get my score faster. i don't wanna wait 2 months to know!! plus i could possibly resit for REG if i need to at the end of january or in feb since my NTS expires in march….

AUD – 84; REG 11/30; BEC – 1/2010; FARE – after tax season!

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah i'm takin it on Jan 20th..same i'm using Becker too so hopefully, i was thinkin to take it in the begining of Jan but then there's x-mas and new year and my bday's this month so i delayed to like mid. jan..

MPoni123
    Participant

happy early birthday emes! my birthday was yesterday (dec 3) ! very true, though, with christmas and new years eve…i have to be honest with myself. i will probably get 0 studying done! i study at my university where i graduated from and the library closes dec. 24 and doesn't reopen until jan. 6! so i gotta figure something else out!

Anonymous
    Inactive

taking it on the 13th……..using becker….its going to be my first exam(dont know what to expect)……..btw are you guys going to be using the final revew??….i just received it yesterday……dont know how much time to allocate for it…..??…..

ihavecpaocd
    Participant

I'm taking it Jan 4th.. probably a bad idea considering I'll be traveling for Christmas through New Years, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm also using Becker- chapters 1 and 2 were easy, but I'm working on chapter 3 now and it's pretty difficult and a lot of memorization. Overall, I just finished taking FAR a couple weeks ago so nothing can really seem as bad as that. Vishvesh- I'm not taking the final review because I didn't want to pay for it, but let us know if it helps and good luck on your first time through studying!

REG-95, FAR-91, BEC-85, AUD-2/24/10

MPoni123
    Participant

vishvesh – i did not order the final review material either. i figured the regular becker material with all the MCQ, final exam and progress testing it should be enough for 90 multiple choice.

ihavecpaocd – i took BEC for the first time in July with little studying…i did not have many economics questions – mostly IT and cost accounting. but every exam is different. good luck studying!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey hey….yup…will keep u guys posted on the final review package…….planning to go over it in two weeks……..i actually bought it because i read in the forum that one of the members felt it was a good review after doing the final exams(which i hear is brutal)…………..its like a summary by olinto……lets see……

Mponi123…..how were the IT questions in your exam??…i mean where the becker material enough…..the reason i am asking is that there are 112 questions in the software and its like for 25% of the grade…??…

MPoni123
    Participant

hey vishvesh – the first time i took BEC i did not really study for it at all. i think i only made it half way through chapter 4 without any review. but i thought my IT questions were difficult especially since i have NO IT background and find it extremely difficult to understand. but i know IT is a big chunk on the exam and i must have had the highest possible % on mine!!

since i actually plan on studying this time i am thinking that becker will be enough for BEC since they give a lot of different questions and the actual BEC exam only being 90 MCQ!

padsab
    Participant

I am taking my REG exam in Feb. I signed up for Becker online course which starts on Jan 4th and got my materials last week…anybody taking online class?!!

futureCPA86
    Participant

I got the Whiley BEC book to supplement my Becker books and some of the information and questions in the Whiley BEC book aren't covered in the Becker book? Are these questions and material not important….is that why Becker leaves out the material?

zena
    Participant

padsab, I took all my Becker classes online. I'm about to finish my third one this week. The last one, I have have to go drive to campus (45 min one way :() because they did not offer it online at this time and I need to be done with this process.

FAR 86 | BEC 94 | AUD 90 | REG 85
    All done! used Becker

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm taking BEC on Jan. 5th. This is my first part and I'm more than nervous. There is just sooooo much material in BEC! I'm using Becker and just finishing up the last of my lectures. I also have the Final Review but haven't touched it yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How is the time value of money tested? Do they give you a calculator function similar to a TI-34 BA II+ or do they just give you the number that would be founded in the tables?

Toddie00
    Participant

Connie, if you think BEC has a lot of information wait for FAR :p

You will do fine

I AM A CPA 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Toddie00,

I know! It's a challenge to get into a good study routine. I got my bachelor's degree in 1990, my MBA in 1999, so it's been a while since I've had to buckle down with studying! Add 3 kids to the equation and it's crazy. I know I'll get there though.

CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING!!!! Time for you to celebrate!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,735 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.