[BEC] Exam Prep and Score Releases: January-February 2010 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,735 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rmfc
    Participant

Now that I am slowly getting over my 73 on BEC. I think it would have hurt less if I had received a 37. I am planning on retaking it in early January. I used Becker for the first test, but I feel like I may need a little more for the next exam just to make sure I get it done. Any thoughts on using the Wiley book or the Yaeger exam cram?

faf1978
    Participant

I also failed BEC (70), but started studying FAR 3 weeks ago before I got my results. I am wondering if I should continue studying FAR and take Business after FAR?

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

zena
    Participant

faf1978, I would keep on FAR to keep the momentum going. You can always go back to BEC but passing FAR would be a big relief!!

FAR 86 | BEC 94 | AUD 90 | REG 85
    All done! used Becker

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know how much time I should allow for Becker's BEC Final Review?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey connieCPAin2010…….well regarding the review pack…….i have kept 3 days for it…….they recommend around 8-10 hours……so depending on the time you can spend on it………

ihavecpaocd
    Participant

I am going absolutely crazy with this studying. After taking FAR in November (still anxious to get my score), I thought BEC would be cake. I guess I was wrong because I am doing very poorly on the practice questions. I am so burnt out from studying because I had been studying since May to take REG and FAR last window. Now I have BEC scheduled for Jan 4th and my lack of concentration and motivation is really making me think it is not possible. How does everyone keep concentrated?!?!

REG-95, FAR-91, BEC-85, AUD-2/24/10

zena
    Participant

ihavecpaocd, when I feel really burned out and can't take another day, I just give myself a 3 day break and I don't even look at the stuff. I actually cook a meal for a change, get some shopping done, other than grocery, have coffee with a friend, etc. That helps me recharge and go back at it with more “enthusiasm.”

FAR 86 | BEC 94 | AUD 90 | REG 85
    All done! used Becker

MPoni123
    Participant

i have only gotten through chapter 1 of BEC….i took REG on 11/30 and i have been waiting for my results to be released!! i cannot concentrate at all. plus with christmas and new years on the way. forget it. hopefully if by some miracle i passed REG i can push off BEC till feb. because my NTS doesn't expire until March! if not, i wanna sit for BEC asap and wait for those results..then reschedule for REG and possibly BEC again. blaaah

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey ihavecpaocd….yeh BEC is quite deceptive…..the material looks easy…..but its a lot of memorization and attention to detail…………

funny thing….i was talking about this to one of the instructors in the live classes of becker and he told me BEC has one of the lowest pass rates…..so yeh….kinda of freaked out about it!!

gud luck studying….

Jaywalk
    Participant

I started studying BEC with a Wiley book and found it very detailed. Then, I picked up Becker software which I thought was better only because I could relate questions to answers and topical material much quicker than using the Wiley book. I liked that Becker had updates to their software and content located on their website. With Becker, I started with the Final Exam questions first, which gave me an idea of what topics I would need to spend time with the most. After, I watched a lecture and did its related multiple choice questions (except for supplemental questions, I left these for the end), read over and rewatched difficult topics and made note cards, and then did supplemental questions. Anytime I worked a set of multiple choice questions, I reworked the entire section until I got perfect score. While I worked full time, it took me about 3 weeks of on-and-off studying with the Wiley book plus 2½ weeks of serious cramming with Becker and I passed on the first try with a 78. Good luck!

BEC 78 - 11/27/2008 | AUD 84 - 08/10/2009
    REG 82 - 11/23/2009 | FAR 84 - 01/19/2010
    -| Passed all sections |-

Will_it_ever_end
    Participant

Zena… I think you have the right idea. Sometimes your mind needs to be refreshed before it can learn anything new. I try to build in days for that into my budgeted time. If I know there is a family member's birthday or office get together coming up, I'll go and do my best not to feel guilty about not studying (I still do though…).

REG 97, FAR 69,82, AUD 80, BEC 71, 81 - It finally ended!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jaywalk- Interesting that you started with the Final Exam questions to see where you wanted to focus your time, then went to the lectures etc. Not sure I could do that, but sounds like it worked well for you! Congrats on the pass.

I know I was spending alot of time on Economics, then I realized it was a low % of questions, so I made myself move along. I was really getting discouraged, but feel much better now that I'm through all the lectures and questions. Will tackle supplemental questions next.

I'm planning on starting the Final Review after Christmas, and sitting for the exam on Jan. 5th.

MPoni123
    Participant

found out my REG score yesterday and i passed!! cannot believe how well i did considering i walked outta that testing center thinking i failed! now on to BEC…which i might just push off till feb. i haven't decided yet!

AUD - 84; REG - 90; BEC - 79; FAR - 75; ALL DONE!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats MPoni!!…..you killed the exam!!…

i know it does not fit here but..any pointers on tackling reg??……

learningisfun
    Participant

hey vishvesh – Yeah I have some pointers for REG. Study hard and then pray to almighty god that the test graders messed up and gave you a passing score.

AUD - 86, FAR - 78, BEC - 79 (but it's been over 18 months), REG - 72 (7/6/2009), 78(10/24/2009)

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,735 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.