[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

Free Study Planner, Book Chapter, Notes, Audio, Flashcards: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-study-plan/

Free CPA Exam Survival Guide: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-survival-guide/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    TPA Jared

Can anybody give any advice on the length of time to study for BEC? I'm planning on taking AUD on July 1 and want to get BEC in the last week of August. I was going to start studying BEC immediately after taking AUD…good idea? bad idea? Any thoughts are welcome!

AUD – July 1

BEC – Last Week of August

FAR – TBD

REG – TBD

Becker Self Study, Gleim Multiple Choice Test Bank

snowwing3731

I am taking BEC in July 19. Using Becker right now. Any experience? Cauz people keep telling that becker doesn't cover most of the points.

I'm taking BEC for the first time on Sat so I'll come back with an update. My initial thoughts are that the claims that BEC test topics not covered in prep material is significantly overblown. What I think is really happening is that a lot of students study the material as it sits without attempting to really understand the material. With BEC more so than the other three, there is tons of room for the AICPA to flip the material around in different angles….doesnt mean the material isn't what you studied, it perhaps means that candidates aren't taking the time to understand it. My suggestion is to take the time to understand the material; don't memorize formulas…understand what they are and what they are trying to show so that when test day comes you are ready for that AICPA spin…

MBA,CMA,CPA, CFF?, ABV?

NYCaccountant
    Participant

@How many letters do you need Sorry, you're wrong. The material on my exam was new material. I'm not an idiot and I understood the material very well. With that being said, I passed, so good luck to you on Saturday.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

snowwing3731

@NYCaccountant u r right, becauz the BEC is pretty easy content, it doesn't like the AUD which looks straightforward but these answers are tricky. Do u have experience u can share on BEC? How u suggest the review? Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good luck to everyone taking BEC this week!!!

mjp44

For me, the random theory/definition questions did me in. I felt the computational stuff, for the most part, was fair. However, I came across some questions that you would find within 1-2 sentences in Becker…and some I believe we're not in the material at all!. Guessed alot on some of those questions which is why i am nervous as hell for the score.

FAR- PASSED (11/13)
    REG- PASSED (2/14)
    BEC- PASSED (5/14)
    AUD- PASSED (8/14)

If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it isn't, you will find an excuse.

dpad124
    Participant

I'm shooting for early July. Let's do this guys!

BEC Oct2014 - 85
    AUD Jan2015 - ??
    REG Feb2015 - ??
    FAR May2015 - ??

dpad124
    Participant

This is my first section, and boy! This section has the most random selection of topics. It feels like it's covering information from like 10 different classes.

BEC Oct2014 - 85
    AUD Jan2015 - ??
    REG Feb2015 - ??
    FAR May2015 - ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone! I'm sitting for BEC on July 3rd and I'll be starting my studying this coming weekend. I already passed BEC but lost credit for it. I just took FAR a few days ago and I really dont know how it went. If I didnt pass I'll be studying for BEC and FAR together during June..it could be a long month! haha. Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@amanda_1988 – I am taking mine on July 3rd also and plan to start studying this coming weekend too! I am going to be using Becker and right now I'm contemplating Jeff's BTGO special and buying the BEC book and MCQ and getting the BLITZ.

What will your study strategy be?

I recently passed AUD and I used only Becker by watching each video section and taking my own notes, doing MCQ soon after and writing down any of the ones I got wrong, typing notes and wrong questions, then going back and answering the questions I got wrong the first time around. I did all the simulations and practice exams in the week before the exam. I am going to try this study strategy for BEC also mixing in the NINJA products and focusing on the weak points identified by the adaptive learning technology.

Anonymous
    Inactive

2 more days!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dberndt I'm using Becker and will be doing two sections a week. I'm hoping that after taking FAR, BEC will seem like a walk in the park but we'll see. For FAR, I used the Wiley Test Bank and Becker but I'm going to really focus for this section and just use Becker- it worked once so it should work again. What's your strategy?

I just sat down with my book to listen to the first lecture, which is a weird feeling since I haven't gotten my score back from FAR yet. I'm sooo not ready to start studying again- that was a short week long break.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@amanda_1988 – I am using Becker too but I also puchased some NINJA stuff over the Memorial Day Weeekend sale (MCQ, Book, and Audio). I'm going to shoot for 2 sections per week also leaving a little over a week for reviewing. I'm hoping the NINJA MCQ can help me identify my weak points and the parts that I need to focus more attention on right before the exam.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.