[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014 - Page 4

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Starting BEC on Monday! Also using Becker and will try to be more active on here.

Amanda that sounds like a good plan!

NJPRU

Hellooooooo! Just stopping in to officially announce that I will be starting BEC this coming week, sorry mama bear and how many!

Does anyone have any tips that they could share about studying for this part of the exam? Thanks in advance!

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

Mamabear

Good luck NJPRU! BEC will be a nice break from the massive amounts of material for FAR and REG. You can do it!

CPA Exam - Finally DONE (November 2014)
    BEC (08/10/13) 80
    AUD (08/24/13) 65 (11/13/13) 85
    FAR (04/12/14) 81
    REG (07/19/14) 69 (11/29/14) 87!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@NJ Long time no talk! Glad we're in another study group together! This is a retake for me and it's true that BEC is a nice break from the other sections because there are NO SIMS! However, I dont particularly love cost accounting so I'll be glad to take this thing and be done with it.

janeml

hi everyone! i'm pretty new here…after months of dragging my feet, i've finally decided to take the cpa exam seriously. I'm signed up to take BEC on 8/2… day before my 30th bday! I don't know if that's a good idea or not..lol

looking forward to getting to know everyone on this forum!

BEC: Scheduled 8/2/14
    FAR: TBD
    AUD: TBD
    REG: TBD

lauren725

Hey everyone! I am so thrilled to say I have passed FAR and will be taking BEC in Q3. I think I am going to give myself another week of not studying to catch up on life in general and some things at work but will start studying in the next week or two. Not sure when I plan to test, it will probably depend on how I feel when I start digging into the material. I am glad to see some familiar faces in this thread from the FAR Q2 thread and I hope that we can all encourage each other along the way, it really helps! Good luck to all studying and I will drop by soon when I break open the book šŸ˜‰ I am using becker but have used at least one ninja product in addition for audit (ninja notes) and FAR (audio and a little MCQ). Any advice is appreciated! Good luck to all, let's do this!

AUD - 73,91
    FAR - 79 - Thank you God!
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

WANNABE_CPA

@lauren, amanda,NJ …I am glad we are together in this group as well..its going to be fun šŸ™‚

FAR : 68, 74, 83 Thank you God šŸ™‚
    BEC : 78 (8/27) šŸ™‚
    REG : 72 ,80 (2/25) šŸ™‚
    AUD : 69,67, 07/23

Anonymous
    Inactive

@lauren, @wannabe yes! I'm glad to see more Q2 FAR friends! This thing is going to be a walk in the park compared to the test we just took šŸ™‚

I just finished up B1 today- it's funny how passing FAR will motivate you like crazy šŸ™‚

NJPRU

Amandddddaaa and Lauren! Girls, are you ready to kick some major BEC butt???

Wannabeeee too, but I'm not sure if you are a girl or a boy! bwahaha

Just purchased the BEC Gleim software and just purchased BEC from NASBA, waiting for my NTS now!

It's a good feeling seeing the “n/a” by FAR and AUD on the NASBA website. lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wannabe is a girl šŸ™‚

NJPRU

bwahaha, thanks Kenada! šŸ™‚

Kls238

The working capital financing policy that subjects the firm to the greatest risk of being unable to meet the firm's maturing obligations is the policy that finances:

a. Fluctuating current assets with long-term debt.

b. Permanent current assets with short-term debt.

c. Fluctuating current assets with short-term debt.

d. Permanent current assets with long-term debt

The answer is d, but the answers doesn't really explain why LT debt is less risky than ST debt. Is the risk greater only because you have less time to pay back with ST vs LT debt? Is LT debt generally preferred over ST?

Passed all sections.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay NINJA's….I failed BEC…again…with 69. This is the highest I've ever done on a CPA exam; however, I've yet to pass one section. However; I'm not giving up at all. I'm going to attack BEC again. The question is …how long do I study this time? I would like to sit on July 3 before I travel. However; don't want to rush it either. I would like to sit for 2 exams this next window. I was going to attack FAR, but I know better than to try sit for that… I plan on chiming in here more..I need motivation from my fellow NINJAs. Please help motivate me!

Kls238

@CPA Chaser, it took me 5 tries before I passed my first exam. Take a brief break from studying, then restart studying for BEC. Go through the materials again and really focus on the areas you're struggling. I didn't set a time table (“I have to study x amount of hours”) when I finally passed my first exam – I simply studied till I was ok enough with the material that I knew I could pass.

I know it's cliche, but if I can pass, you can. Good luck! šŸ™‚

Passed all sections.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CPA Chaser.. look at what you did in the past, it wasn't working. Try something else. I found that if I study for too long before an exam I forget the beginning materials. I also used Becker my first exams and concentrated too much on following along with keeping up on the highlighting than really watching the videos. Now I take my own notes, and pause the video when I do it. I also hand write my notes, then type them. The more times you see something, the easier it is to remember. Good luck! There are quite of few of us taking the exam on July 3rd.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.