[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014 - Page 5

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello fellow ninjas,

I was wondering how long everybody plans on preparing for BEC. I will be taking BEC for my first time in July and was wondering if 30 days would be enough time (7/10). 30 days seems like a small amount of time so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were… Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@boxermama- I just got thru with B1 and I'm scheduled to sit for the exam on 7/3. This is a retake for me but 30 days is definitely doable. BEC is one of the easier sections because there are no sims and it's just less complex in general. I am planning on getting thru B3 by next Monday, finishing up B4 and B5 next week and then finishing B6 the first half of the next week, giving me about a week of review, which I feel is plenty for BEC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you amanda! I am now scheduled 7/10! I am going to do the first part of the B1 lecture right now. This might be overly ambitious of me, but I would love to be done with these exams by the end of Q3 so I can start to have a social life again. However, I am worried about REG so I will probably end of taking that in the beginning of October. I will just concentrate on one thing at a time for now and re-visit that when I am done with BEC. Thanks again for your input! I will make sure to be more active on this thread for the next 30 days šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bet REG can be done in a month and a half. I found REG to be much much easier than FAR! A lot less memorization and no journal entries which is always a plus šŸ™‚ I have to get BEC and AUD done by August 28th because my credit for REG expires then. It's going to be a busy summer but so worth it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@NJ thats why I changed from MustPass to Amanda haha- I kept getting referred to in male terms. Hahaha. Yes, ready to kick some BEC butt!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, I'm going to start off one of the “quiz” questions. We'll see how many people answer it since I don't know how far everyone is yet.

Name the 5 principles associated with the Control Environment component of COSO:

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. The organizations commitment to integrity and ethics

2. Independence of the board from management and overseeing internal control

3. Management is in charge of establishing structure, authority, and responsibility

4. Demonstrate commitment ti competence

5. Enforce accountability

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correct šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just finished the first lecture in B1. Is it me or is B1 very similar to AUD? That lecture was a pleasant surprise considering I just finished FAR. I know that some people struggle with AUD, but I really enjoyed it (at least compared to FAR). I plan on finishing B1 tomorrow since I have the day off. I also did a little bit of the homework and it is so nice to have short conceptual questions instead of massive computational questions from becker! IMO the becker FAR questions were out of control and I had a hard time staying focused when it came to the homework's. I am rambling, time to go to sleep. I will be back tomorrow! Happy studies! šŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, back in the saddle and ready to conquer BEC!!!

lauren725

Boxermama – your last post makes me happy! Haha I have the exact same feelings about becker's FAR questions and I much rather preferred audit. I will not start B1 until next week, but it is refreshing to hear that that section is a nice break from the FAR becker chaos. I tried my hardest to get through Becker's FAR mcq's but some of them were so drawn out and long. I ended up using ninja MCQ a few days before my test because I needed a change. Good luck with your studies!

AUD - 73,91
    FAR - 79 - Thank you God!
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

NJPRU

Lauren – not even going to lie, it scares me how alike we are. I'm not starting my studying until next week either! lol

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

lauren725

NJ – I know, so funny. CPA clones for life LOL….Good for you! No way I could have started this week!

AUD - 73,91
    FAR - 79 - Thank you God!
    BEC - 73,79!!!!
    REG - 92 whatttt??!

I used Becker review + flashcards, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ supplement on BEC and REG.

Done! Praise God!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is anyone else cramming this section in a short period of time? I got through B1 and didn't feel like it was all that difficult, except I have a hard time with ABC for some reason. I'm finishing the B2 lecture this evening and hope to get through that section by end of day Friday. This month is especially busy at work with walkthroughs but oh well, gotta do what you gotta do. I got the WTB and think I'll use that for my review (which is only a week).I only left about 10 days for a FAR review and did well, so I think as long as I use that time wisely I'll be fine.

taxgeek83
    Participant

I'm going to try to test no later than the 2nd week in July, and preferably the first. I want at least two weeks of pure review – MCQs and flashcards – so the lectures are going to have to go quickly. Everything seems pretty straightforward as far as I can tell – a big relief from FAR!

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.