[Q3] BEC Study Group 2014 - Page 77

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

@h0wdyus

Incorrect

The answer is B. Comparable sales.

“The use of comparable sales is not an income approach to valuation of a business, it is a market approach. Under the comparable sales approach, the value of a business is determined by comparing it to other entities with comparable characteristics for which the value is more readily determinable.”

This was a tricky one

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 2,289 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    stoleway
    Participant

Analyzing SWOT is an important element in strategic planning, which components in SWOT are respectively related to internal and external environment ? Give 2 components for each environment

REG -63ā”‚ 84!!
    BEC- 59ā”‚70ā”‚ 71 ā”‚78!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

klink24
    Participant

@M.O.D.

Yes, 5, but not really relevant to my question. Been looking at problems with different periods all day so they tend to get mixed up. Either way, thanks for the explanation!

FAR: 4/19/2014 - 85!
    AUD: 5/27/2014 - 90!
    REG: 7/18/2014 - 81!
    BEC: 8/13/2014 - 84!

4 up, 4 down, in 4 months.

Licensed 9/22 in NC.

M.O.D.

SWOT analysis:

Strengths, Weaknesses, (internal environment: core competencies, competitive advantage)

Opportunities, Threats (external environment: economics, demographics, suppliers, competitors)

BA Mathematics, UC Berkeley
    Certificates in CPA and EA preparation, College of San Mateo
    CMA I 420, II 470
    FAR 91, AUD Feb 2015 (Gleim self-study)

stoleway
    Participant

correct

REG -63ā”‚ 84!!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

stoleway
    Participant

Question….

IIAS provides a list of competencies an internal auditor should have, list 3 of these competencies.

REG -63ā”‚ 84!!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

Does anyone know if on the WC's, they will let you use a “Word” like program.. for example, on my CPAExcel it looks like misspelled words get the “red underline”.. obviously grammar wouldn't come up.. also it seems that it auto-fills in the header depending on what type of letter (e.g. memo, e-mail, etc.), does anyone know if this will also be true on exam day? Thank you in advance! šŸ™‚

M.O.D.

Internal auditors:

conduct evaluations, consulting, advisory

requirements: independence

I would think they have to be knowledgeable about what they are auditing, or else seek outside help.

I cannot find the answer in Gleim.

@monkey

I doubt there is a spell checker during the test.

CMA I 420, II 470

Anonymous
    Inactive

@MOD I only asked because there is one in my software which simulates..thought it would be weird to include it there if it's not on the test

WANNABE_CPA

hey guys…i am loosing confidence.. test in 20 days and i am not even done with all topics and ones i am done with are just about 60% of them… I have full B3(Financial mgt) and half of B6(Operations mgt) left..

should i postpone it to OCT?

FAR : 68, 74, 83 Thank you God šŸ™‚
    BEC : 78 (8/27) šŸ™‚
    REG : 72 ,80 (2/25) šŸ™‚
    AUD : 69,67, 07/23

stoleway
    Participant

@wannabe…..you still have more days ahead to make up, I think 10 days will be enough to finish off the 40% of the rest.

Keep grinding, you passed FAR so everything is possible.

MOD….internal auditors are required to have the following competencies

1.knowledge of fraud risks

2.knowledge of information system risks

3. Knowledge of information system auditing techniques.

They're not supposed to be experts when it comes to evaluating fraud and they're also not required to be an expert in financial accounting and reporting.

REG -63ā”‚ 84!!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

M.O.D.

@ monkey

Are you sure it is part of the software and not part of your web-browser? For example, Firefox has a spell checker that checks my posts, and A71 does not. I also tested my Gleim simulations and sure enough I get red underlines.

I would think the CPA wants to test your spelling was well, but I could be wrong. The CMA essays were not spell checked.

CMA I 420, II 470

M.O.D.

What do you make of this?

From Gleim instructions:

December 09, 2013, 09:34 AM: Based on feedback from candidates and AICPA-released Written Communications, many BEC-based Written Communications were replaced with Written Communications testing AUD, FAR, and REG topics to better reflect the Written Communications you may receive on the actual CPA exam.

Does this mean BEC should be taken only after learning the rest of the material?

CMA I 420, II 470

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ MOD.. Just checked on the non-web software and spell check came up again.. maybe @stoleway can let us know about that.

Also, I have heard that other exam topics come up on WC, but I think it goes along with your writing style “more” than content..

you seem to really know the BEC content so I wouldn't worry about it.. you'll probably kill the MCQ's

stoleway
    Participant

There are spell checks on there but if your writing skills is not good, spell check wont help you…haha

Anyway, I think BEC should be the last section for anyone to take simply because it covers a tiny details of every section and those questions can really make or break you. Above all, if you have deep understanding of the audit material, BEC will be somehow easy imo.

About the spell check, take a sample test on the aicpa website since that software depicts everything on exam day.

REG -63ā”‚ 84!!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

JamesBJames
    Participant

Yeah, you get a spell-checker, and they fill in the header for you. I didn't check to see if it would catch grammar mistakes but I'm assuming it won't.

FAR: May 1st, 2014 - 91
    AUD: May 29th, 2014 - 97!
    BEC: July 16th, 2014 - 91
    REG: August 29th, 2014 - 88

Licensed December 2015

Feel free to add me on LinkedIn by clicking my username!

Viewing 15 replies - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 2,289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.