BEC Study Group Q4 2014 - Page 2

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,326 total)
  • Author
    Zackrampage

Casa im so mad. I studied hard

#625666 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand, believe me! We will do this!! Take a few days off and get back to it!!

#625667 Reply
    Zackrampage

Just got back from vacation so will today

#625668 Reply
    h0wdyus

@Zack

I would suggest reading wiley book and reading becker book if you are doing becker; and doing questions from wiley book also. Getting the concepts are very imp. I had a test where there was a lot of theory. I was very worried about the test. Its Unreal I passed.

Also some FAR basic concepts helped. Auditing internal control.

Jeff Not breaking any confidentiality rules. These are all recommended by Yaeger. I just added FAR concepts.

#625669 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I definitely think reading the book will help me. I read a few chapters in Wiley but that's it. Have Becker book as well now and it seems very clear. Going to plane on reading each book a couple times.

#625670 Reply
    Zackrampage

I killed myself the 1st time. Here we go again

#625671 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Trying to study smart this time. When I took it the second time I made the mistake of spending most of my time rewatching lectures. Did I learn new things? Of course, but probably not as much as I could have by reading the book and focusing on MCQ.

#625672 Reply
    Jspann225

BEC here I come. I will not take you lightly. LAST ONE… Lets Go.

#625673 Reply
    Leena_1101
    Participant

financial management is taking longer then i expected 🙁

#625674 Reply
    Krissyagar

Just found out I passed REG, so I'm moving on to BEC tomorrow! Last one, hoping to take it the last week in October:) Good luck everyone!

#625675 Reply
    Krissyagar

Can anyone give insight as to how the writing part works?

#625676 Reply
    rzrbkfaith

Krissy there is a thread on practicing the WC, I would see that. Basically you are given a scenario and have to write a memo or letter. Mine were all memos.

#625677 Reply
    Krissyagar

Thanks!

#625678 Reply
    Zackrampage

I have no energy left to restudy for BEC ahh. I did my questions so many times dunno what to do for 3 weeks till I can retake.

#625679 Reply

New to the group, passed FAR and AUD and take BEC in 3 weeks….Chapters 1 and 2 are taking forever…is it just me?

#625680 Reply
    Leena_1101
    Participant

@eyesontheprize45 what review material are you using?

#625681 Reply
    thechapman

Getting started on BEC today which is my last exam. Set to take it October 4th. Good luck to everyone

#625682 Reply
    Zackrampage

Do I really need to wait 48 hrs after score release to apply again?

#625683 Reply
    schizokitten

@Zack – unfortunately… yes 🙁

#625684 Reply
    thechapman

Field report – BEC contains some of the most useless info of the four exams.

#625685 Reply
    Jspann225

@thechapman We started together and looks like we may finish together.

#625686 Reply
    thechapman

@Jspann225 Are you starting work pretty soon? I'm hoping that won't throw my mojo off…

#625687 Reply
    NJPRU

So, I think I'm doing well with the becker material. almost finished with B2 and pulling 75+ on all the sections, however, variance analysis keeps tripping me up. I don't feel as though Becker explains it very well. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

How is everyone else doing with their studies?

#625688 Reply
    Zackrampage

Lets get questions going. I will start. What is the formula for economic value added?

#625689 Reply
    Gabe
    Participant

@NJ agree. OH variance is throwing me. Anyone have a good way to remember it?

#625690 Reply
    Gabe
    Participant

Net Operating Profit After Taxes (NOPAT) – (Capital * Cost of Capital) = EVA

#625691 Reply
    lauren725

Hello all. I have been kicked by BEC and will be retaking sometime in late October (not sure when exactly).

I am using becker and can answer to ya'll that B2 and end of B1 was definitely the hardest information for me. I had to review these a few times and obviously need to review them more. I also think B3 is very important. I am thinking about purchasing Ninja MCQ to supplement but haven't decided yet. I am going to see if my score breakdown will help me out to see where I need to improve or where my strengths are. This test is just tricky. Is anyone using Ninja MCQ here?

#625692 Reply
    missjones513

Unfortunately it looks like I'm studying with you guys to take BEC in the 4th quarter. Planning on retaking in October. If I don't pass then, REG expires.

#625693 Reply
    NJPRU

@Lauren, to answer your question from the score thread.. I am using Becker. I had used Gleim in the beginning and determined it was sufficient for my studying.. i just didnt like the way they outlined it and such. B1 and B2 went okay for me; however, variance analysis is a little whacky and I'm not sure I like how it's expalined. I will finish that section tonight and begin B3 soon as well. I'm really sorry you have to take it again, a part of me think it's my fault. lol

#625694 Reply
    lauren725

bahaha 🙂 thanks for making me laugh. It is not your fault however I think our powers combined can attack this. Do you know what day you are taking it?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,326 total)
Reply To: BEC Study Group Q4 2014 - Page 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Return to Forum Home