BEC Study Group Q4 2014 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,325 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Taking BEC mid October, after taking 3 tests in the last 3 months I am doing everything in my power to resist the urge to smash my computer when an MCQ pops up that is longer than 3 words…I think BEC is going to be tough for me to get motivated for.

rapk314

Took FAR at the end of August. Starting BEC tonight, have it scheduled for Oct 4th.

BEC 76 (11/2014)
    FAR 83 (01/2015)
    AUD 86 (02/2015)
    REG 86(04/2015)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll be taking BEC the 4th as well! Ready to get this thing over with! I have 2 more sections to go over until I start my nitty gritty final review. I'm getting burnt out..hopefully this whole process will be allll over in november! gah.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Financial statements of a nonissuer that have been reviewed by an accountant should be accompanied by a report stating that a review:

a. Includes examining, on a test basis, information that is the representation of management.

b. Provides only limited assurance that the financial statements are fairly presented.

c. Does not contemplate obtaining corroborating evidential matter or applying certain other procedures ordinarily performed during an audit.

d. Is substantially less than in scope than an audit.

I answered D and I was correct. But why is B not correct as well? This was Becker's justification:

Choice “b” is incorrect. While a review does provide only limited (negative) assurance, this statement is not explicitly stated in the accountant's review report.

That doesn't make any sense since per Becker's notes for Reporting on Reviews: “Paragraph should include: State that those standards require the accountant to perform procedures to obtain limited assurance that there are no material modifications that should be made to the financial statements.

I'm thoroughly confused…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Joining the club!

REG: 5/09/14 (81)

AUD: 8/31/14 (waiting on score)

Leena_1101
    Participant

Me too … just finished corp governance, and did all the NINJA Mcqs. Will start with financial management, hopefully be done with it by the end of this weekend.

On2Sum

@Club300 don't be confused, you read the choices wrong.

There's a big difference between “Provides only limited assurance that the financial statements are fairly presented” and

” …obtaining limited assurance that there are no material modifications that should be made to the financial statements”

“…fairly presented…” is not the same as “…no material modifications…”

Got it??

FAR - 79
    REG - 76
    AUD - 94
    BEC - 77

DONE! DONE!! DONE!!!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts"
    -Winston Churchill

schizokitten

Does the B in BEC stand for BORING?

I'll see myself out…

REG: ***92*** (5/14/14)
    FAR: ***83*** (8/17/14)
    BEC: ***89*** (10/3/14)
    AUD: ***86*** (2/22/15)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@on2sum, thanks for the clarification – that makes sense.

I also realized that I posted this in the BEC section (The exam I just took a week ago)

I'm on audit now!! Here's hoping I don't go back to studying for BEC (keeping fingers crossed)

ndpendentbw

@art vandalay – I would recommend getting the Ninja MCQ's. I also used WTB as a supplement for AUD & FAR. I passed both sections and I like WTB. I started using Ninja MCQ for BEC and at first I didn't like because you don't have the ability to filter, but then I finally got up to the adaptive questions and it became a game for me. It made studying exciting… if that's possible. I bought it late in my BEC studying process, but it gave me some clarity in a couple of areas i was struggling with. I don't know if Jeff is still running the special but if you put in the code HIYA you can get it for $40. Good Luck!

Zackrampage

67 :/

FAR - 62 , End of aug 2015
    BEC - 67, 67
    AUD - TBD
    REG - TBD

Anonymous
    Inactive

82!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright..I'll defeat BEC if it kills me!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

To all those newbies do not take BEC for granted. I passed FAR, AUD and REG all on the first try and then missed BEC twice by a couple points.

Zackrampage

Casa im so mad. I studied hard

FAR - 62 , End of aug 2015
    BEC - 67, 67
    AUD - TBD
    REG - TBD

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.