BEC – October-November 2009 Window - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

This thread is for people taking the Business Environment and Concepts section of the CPA Exam in the October/November 2009 window.

As always, please adhere to the AICPA disclosure guidelines.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    OnePointAway
    Participant

cc_cpa,

I used Becker for all 4 sections. I passed 3 on my first try but I got a 74 on AUD. You got a good score on AUD. How did you prepare for it? I am retaking AUD on Oct. 27.

melloyello
    Participant

I took BEC as my very first CPA section on Monday the 5th and felt really great about it! I used Yaeger's Home Study and felt over-prepared, if anything. Yaeger uses the Wiley books as accompaniment and I did TONS of MCQ's. I did every question on the practice exam CD probably 3 times, did every question at the end of the modules, and did the practice final exam in the back of the book as well.

If I can take one simple piece of advice away from my experience to be of help to others, it would be this: MCQ's, MCQ's, MCQ's. You cannot possibly be ready for the exam unless you see every single question you can get your hands on. If you've seen them all, you're ready for anything the test can throw at you!

10/5/09 - BEC - 85
    1/11/10 - REG - 96

Anonymous
    Inactive

OnePointAway,

For audit I viewed each lecture in one sitting. The following 2 days I did all of the M/C including the supplemental questions. Before I did the simulation I re-read the chapter. I also had the becker flashcards to keep around. Do progress exams as you go so you are still familiar with the previous material. Good luck. What did you get on BEC and Reg?

glutenator
    Participant

I'm taking BEC on November 30. I just took REG on Oct 6. I hope I'm leaving myself enough time to study. The material seems to repeat some of the concepts I saw in REG, which is good. No Sims will be a plus. I'm using Becker, but I only do the book, and practice CDs and index cards. I don't watch the videos (I have no tolerance to sit through them).

I'll Pass Eventually
    REG (67, 66), BEC (79), FAR (5/26/10), AUD (August 2010)

Anonymous
    Inactive

glutenator, I think you left yourself enough time, its a much shorter section. However, make sure you don't underestimate it based on no simulations etc. Out of all the people that were in my classes taking the exam, BEC was definitely on average passed by the smallest margin than the other sections of the exam.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It also seems that Ch.'s 3 & 5 of Becker at very highly tested on the BEC exam

glutenator
    Participant

@CPAPlease, Thanks! That's good to know.

I'll Pass Eventually
    REG (67, 66), BEC (79), FAR (5/26/10), AUD (August 2010)

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took my Aud for the the Second Time and I think I did fine. I am just scare for the simulation because both simulation was killer. Taking BEC on Nov 5th hopefully

Hope2BCPA
    Participant

I am taking BEC in a couple of weeks, and I'm using Yaeger. I am doing well with Cost Acctg, Econ, and Bus Structure but I'm having a really hard time studying for IT… Does anyone have any suggestions?! I am not computer illiterate, but it just seems so involved. Thanks!

jeff
    Keymaster

Hope – I cover this in my book…something to consider…

5. I can’t pass BEC! What should I do?

6. Information Technology is heavily tested on BEC and I hate it! Any tips on how to study for IT?

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-review-free-book.html

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Hope2BCPA
    Participant

Thanks Jeff! I sent in a donation!!

jeff
    Keymaster

Hey – you're awesome…thanks!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Jeff – Did you ever get that e-mail I sent you?

jeff
    Keymaster

I'm not sure if I did…did you identify yourself as CPAPlease?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.