BEC – October-November 2009 Window - Page 4

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

This thread is for people taking the Business Environment and Concepts section of the CPA Exam in the October/November 2009 window.

As always, please adhere to the AICPA disclosure guidelines.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably not haha. I'll send it again! I need some help for my boyfriend whos having a real hard time with the exam.

Anonymous
    Inactive

YAY! I got my Yaeger material today! I am watching the first video lecture in like 10 minutes! I'm so excited…I could wet my pants! LOL!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hahaha Enjoy!

hopefullydonesoon
    Participant

are the BEC testlets reactive? (meaning if you score well on testlet 1, testlet 2 will be more difficult).

I know FAR, REG, and AUD are reactive. But I remember hearing the BEC isn't.

Does anyone know the details on this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quote: "are the BEC testlets reactive? (meaning if you score well on testlet 1, testlet 2 will be more difficult)."

They currently are not. I think this is supposed to change when they add simulations to BEC (2011?).

hopefullydonesoon
    Participant

ok thanks CapitalGains.

One follow-up question – Does this mean that all 3 testlets are "medium" level? Or is there 1 "difficult" level testlet given? Or is each testlet just a random schmorgishborg of "medium" and "difficult" level questions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took BEC yesterday oct.16. i found it to be more intensive in regards to finance than the 17-23 % becker states as well as less IT.

i walked out of there feeling like I did when i took AUD: it could gone either way. unfortunately i got a 74 in AUD…which i feel happened to a lot of us per what i read on this message board.

besk luck to all

Anonymous
    Inactive

i would also add : do not underestimate the difficulty of the exam!! study hard.

OnePointAway
    Participant

AUD on 74, yep that's me…and I passed the other exams 3 on my first try.

hopefullydonesoon
    Participant

i just took BEC. i found it a lot easier than expected. this is my last section; absolutely cannot wait until Nov 16th at 9 pm!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hope2BCPA
    Participant

How long did you study and what materials?! I take it next week and am REALLY nervous

Hope2BCPA
    Participant

And ps- congratulations!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took BEC yesterday and their were at least 15 topics I didn't even get a question on, such bs. Also, the IT questions were crazy, can't believe some of the questions they asked. 50/50 chance of passing, guess I'll be stressed out again for the next month waiting for this grade.

hopefullydonesoon
    Participant

i used becker for each section.

i watched the lectures, did multiple choice questions.

then review and do each sections' mc questions again.

then did 2 "final exams"

also did the 2 sets of 50 mcq on beckers update page

Hope2BCPA
    Participant

Just wondering- since there are no SIMS for BEC- is there any chance I won't be in Wave 1 for scores– I took it yesterday?!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.