BEC- one week study strategy

• Creator
    Topic
    sg235
    Participant

Hey y’all,
    I’ve read a few posts here and here but my NTS expires very soon so I have to take BEC asap within a week-10 days max. What’s your advice on knocking it out?
    Expecting a baby in April so.. can’t screw it up. Will have the week off to study.
    Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the responses so far guys 🙂
    I am using Wiley CPA Excel.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    They were on to something when they said do it right the first time..
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sallybreann
    Participant

Studying for BEC now so I don't really have advice! But I know to give advice others will ask you what review materials you are using. 🙂

FAR - 82

BEC - 74, 82

AUD - 78

REG - 80

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you only have one week, the do MCQ's until your eyes bleed. Read any areas you have a lot of difficulty with. Goodluck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hammer out all the MCQs, leave no stone unturned.

Practice a few sims. The written communication portion is a substantial part of your score.

SomeSomeCPA
    Participant

I was using Becker when I attempted to pass BEC in 4 days of full time studying. I received a failing 74 but with 7-10 days I think it's possible. My strategy was simple, Becker splits BEC into 6 chapters, I read the chapter in the morning and did every single MCQ at night. Repeat for each chapter. I skipped ch4 and 6 which for Becker is IT and the mgmt process stuff. Skipping IT was my downfall. I would try this approach but take it on day 7. 10 days at that pace and you'll be brain dead.

Done! 9 tests over 16 months. Failed first 3 with Becker. Passed 4 of next 6 with Ninja MCQ.

FAR: 39,59,TBD
    BEC: 74,79
    AUD: 77
    REG: September

CPAIN2K17
    Participant

I am studying for BEC using CPAExcel right now, definitely not in one week though so this is just an idea.. not something I can say will work for sure. CPAExcel has it split into 5 main sections

Corporate Governance and Internal Control
    Economic Concepts
    Financial Management
    Info Systems and Communication
    Planning and Measurement

I would try to complete all the lessons for each section in one day each (make sure you are taking MCQ at the end of each lesson and possibly the proficiency questions too), when you finish the section go to the test bank and take all questions over that section that you haven’t already taken. Do this for each section = 5 days. There is also a lesson on the written communication questions so do that at some point. Then I would consider getting NINJA MCQ and do those all day, every day for the last 3-4 days, then test on day 9 or 10.

Wiley CPAExcel + Ninja MCQ & Notes

AUD - 97 (1/24/17)

BEC - 84 (3/10/17)

FAR - 94 (5/31/17)

REG - 88 (8/16/17)

CPAIN2K17
    Participant

Or, instead of breaking it up by section, I think there are 170 lessons so if you did like 35 a day.

Wiley CPAExcel + Ninja MCQ & Notes

AUD - 97 (1/24/17)

BEC - 84 (3/10/17)

FAR - 94 (5/31/17)

REG - 88 (8/16/17)

Tncincy
    Participant

Sounds like good advice being given ….I hope you are ready to lock down and do this in one week. Hey I hope you can pull it off with a pass…..let us know how it goes.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Tncincy
    Participant

During my study of BEC, I looked at the mcq's and started with the topic that has the most questions, from greatest to least. I hope this plan works, trying to cover everything. ( to add to my prior comments)

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Yolonge
    Participant

I studied BEC this way; was not easy but it is definitely passible if you are willing. I studied 2-3 hours after work and studied somewhere around 5-6 on Sunday (Sat was off day)

5 days to cover MCQs on Wiley
    Review for one week (12 days total)

Since there are 6 topic, you can cover one per day and review for 1-2 days.
    Day 1 – Corporate Gov
    Day 2 – IT
    Day 3 – Finance
    Day 4 – Economics
    Day 5 – Operations
    Day 6 – Planning
    Day 7 – overall review (random mcq)
    Day 8 – drill down on topic
    Day 9 – rest & note
    Day 10 – Test

FAR - 83 (1/7/16)
    BEC - 87 (4/18/16)
    AUD - 92 (7/2/16)
    REG - 83 (12/5/16)
    Ethics - 100%!

Licensed CPA in state of Maryland Feb 2017

Materials: Wiley book + Ninja MCQ

FAR - 83 (Jan 2016)
    Study time: 6 weeks
    BEC - 87 (April 2016)
    Study time: 2 weeks
    AUD - 92 (July 2016), (74 Feb 2016), (72 May 2016)
    Study time: 4 (Feb) + 2 (May) + 3 (July) = 9 weeks total
    REG - (70 April 2016)
    Study time: 3 weeks

Goingallin
    Participant

SG: That's quite a challenge. I couldn't remember a darn thing when I was pregnant. Not sure which material you're using but if its becker, unless you have cost accounting experience, I would spend the bulk of my time on b1 thru b3. B4 thru B6 (3 days max) is super easy bc the questions has a lot to do with common sense. Don't even bother reading the books for those sections. In fact, I don't suggest reading the book for any sections if all you have is 10 days. The best way to learn cost accounting is to do the multiple choice questions.

I spent 5 weeks (150 hours) and I needed every min of it. I'm in my late 30s n with a toddler so i wouldn't have been able to pass with under 4 weeks for any exam.

Rooting for you!

AUD - 87
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 75
    REG - 82
    donotgiveup!!
    Iceman6
    Participant

MCQ MCQ MCQ MCQ MCQ MCQ . Until you cant stand it. Then do more. Definitely run through all of the SIMS at least once. Dont have to answer them all but look through the answers to the prompts to get a feel for how you should write

AUD - 79
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 78
    REG - 80
    After 4 long years, I'm done.
    sg235
    Participant

Thank you so very much everyone for all the feedback and good wishes! Much appreciated 🙂

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    sg235
    Participant

Goingallin- The pregnancy brain is so real, I would've never thought! Hoping for the best 🙂

AUD - 86
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.