Passed BEC!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    z91
    Participant

Eyeball Trick worked in ID!!! So relieved as that exam was AWFUL. Didn’t even finish the writing section! Hoping you all make it!

AUD - 87, September 2020
    BEC - 83, December 2019
    FAR - 86, May 2020
    REG - 85, May 2019

REG - November 30, 2015 - 87
    BEC - February 5, 2016
    FAR- TBA
    AUD- TBA

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    parveen.asia
    Participant

Congratss!!! how was your experience with MCQS?

z91
    Participant

They were horrible. I honestly felt pretty good going into and felt brushed up on economics, cost, and finance, but the MCQ seemed so left field. Wasn't anything I expected or memorized. I felt so defeated haha. I wonder if others had the same with this test this go around. Hoping everyone else makes it out! You got this!

AUD - 87, September 2020
    BEC - 83, December 2019
    FAR - 86, May 2020
    REG - 85, May 2019

BEC - February 5, 2016
    FAR- TBA
    AUD- TBA

parveen.asia
    Participant

OMG I had same exact experience. I was well prepared but was very surprise with random MCQS.
    idk my score yet, Finger crossed.

z91
    Participant

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

AUD - 87, September 2020
    BEC - 83, December 2019
    FAR - 86, May 2020
    REG - 85, May 2019

BEC - February 5, 2016
    FAR- TBA
    AUD- TBA

VACPA
    Participant

Congrats!! I had a very similar experience on BEC this quarter too, literally started laughing to myself during the second MCQ testlet because it was so far out of left field. Eyeball says I passed anyway, on to the next!

AUD - 84
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 89
    REG - 88

parveen.asia
    Participant

Unfortunately I didn’t make it and failed by 70. What were you study material ? Any suggestions for re-studying?

ivan.dorador
    Participant

@Parveen.Asia sorry to hear. I used wiley and bought the cpa ninja materials and it helped alot. The more questions you do the better off you'll be.

Also, aside from brushing up on whatever sections you did weaker on I find knowing COSO, COSO ERM, and IT very well normally give you better odds at least in the MC part. I usually had trouble with COSO and Cost accounting so I focused on that this past time but obviously everyone will have different strengths and weaknesses.

AUD - 64

BEC - 73, 73, 80

FAR - N/A

REG - N/A

parveen.asia
    Participant

Thank you. it just really hard to start all over again, as you might have experienced as well. I hope to make it by next score release. I will review the report from AICPA and see which is my weak area. i am using Becker ( starting to read all the chapters and do MCQS again and use ninja as supplements. how were yo scoring in ninja?

Otis
    Participant

@parveen.asia I swore up and down that I failed BEC when I walked out for all the same reasons everyone else cites. I am still shocked that I actually passed, and with a 96. Unreal how much of a disconnect between how I feel after these exams and what my scores are. I’m 3 for 3 now with only AUD left.

If it helps, I’m only using Roger’s course and sticking to his plan. No other test banks, or techniques, just following his guide and making sure I complete all MCQs and SIMs. If I’m not absolutely certain of the answer, I read the explanation and go back and retake all I’ve missed until I get the green light. That and then I copy my notes by hand a few days before the test. So far it’s worked well for me.

Good luck to you!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 85
    REG - 78
    Better late than never!
    parveen.asia
    Participant

Thank you for your input. I am going to
    Continue using Becker (already paid ) and supplement ninja mcqs.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.