CPA not in public practice – New York State

• Creator
    Topic
    chrissy
    Participant

Hey guys,

My supervisor is a CPA-not in public practice. Will she be able to sign off on my experience? I do not work in pubic accounting.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 76
    REG - 81
    AICPA Ethics Exam- 91

I CAN & I DID

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

Please check into the NYS regulations for qualifying experience.
    NYS no longer has a 2000 hour audit requirement (which obviously needed to be done in a public accounting CPA firm).
    Pretty much everything accounting related is now acceptable experience from consulting to tax preparation.
    They are looking for higher order/higher level accounting, aka not bookkeeping, but you can pretty much work anything into qualifying experience potentially.

The important thing is that your supervisor is properly licensed and registered, and there was no lapse in the license during the time period they are signing off on your experience for.
    Good luck!

What is acceptable experience? An applicant must present evidence, satisfactory to the State Board for Public Accountancy, of full-time experience providing accounting services or advice involving the use of accounting, attest, compilation, management advisory, financial advisory, tax or consulting skills under the supervision of a certified public accountant as indicated above. Acceptable experience may be earned in a public accounting firm, government, not-for-profit, private industry or an educational institution.
    http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/cpa/cpa4b.pdf

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.