PWC or Deloitte SAP/Oracle Consulting

• Creator
    Topic
    Jessclod
    Participant

Hi, I’m currently at EY in Auditing (1st year & passed CPA) but interested in PWC or Deloitte Advisory specifically in SAP or Oracle implementation. It requires experience in that, but how do I get experience in implementation/integration in one of these 2 ERP systems to get a job in advisory to do that job??

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jazzy87
    Participant

The proper way is finding an accounting job that uses one of those systems and go from there. In conjunction with that, I would find a program (usually very expensive) that offers courses in those systems. I started in Deltek (similar to SAP/Oracle) years ago and was lucky enough to move around (within the accounting department) that I became very familiar in all aspects of the system and how it operates. We have also gone through multiple implementations moving from SAP into Deltek, Quickbooks into Deltek, and even moving/integrating payroll systems.

Learning the system is one thing but then actually implementing and configuring the system for a company is a whole other beast. The systems can be very complex and you of course want to set it up just right to get the most value out of them. It's A LOT of work and requires a TON of planning.

I'm sure there are ways to get around what I have said above (doing this for years) Maybe find an entry level position at a consulting firm working in SAP/Oracle? I say my way is “proper” because NOTHING beats hands on experience doing system implementations from within your organization. But plenty of people get hired with the “learn as you go approach” lol I don't mean to dog those people, but I have ran into WAY to many consultants that don't know what they are doing and it has cost my company a lot of time and money.

Good luck!

FAR 4/1

AUD 4/18

BEC 5/10

REG 40,49,6/10

MaLoTu
    Participant

I would think the most reasonable way to make the transition would be to go into a firms IT audit department. You would get broad exposure to implementations, as well as ITGCs/application testing on various systems.

Almost always from my phone... please excuse my typos!

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.