CMA Part 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All

Im scheduled to take the CMA part 2 on Oct 20th. I haven’t had nearly as much time to study as I would have liked due to work but I can’t push the exam due to the testing windows. I am using Gleim and have already passed part 1 of the CMA exam using Gleim. So…any advise on a cram study session? What topics should I be focusing on? If you have used Gleim, what chapters should I focus on?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    OnmywaytoCPA
    Participant

I used Gleim for Part 2 and got a 350. If I had to do it all over again, I would study all of the chapters and try to do as much as possible. Also, try to have your average score at least 85% on all of the chapters. Lastly, I did not notice that in the first couple of pages of the Gleim textbook, it states which chapters are tested the most on the exam. After I got the 350, I went back and read it. The ratios are weighted really heavy on the exam. You will need to study those for sure.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 90
    CMA Part 1 - 360 (Barely made it but I made it)
    CMA Part 2 - 360 (Made it by the skin of my teeth)

REG - 74, Retook 6/10/16, scored a 72 (Hate this exam)
    BEC - 69, 79, 8/1/15
    AUD - 83, 4/4/15
    FAR - 77, 2/27/16

Anonymous
    Inactive

@OnmywaytoCPA thank you so much for the advice. I have been reading the advice you and @AF give and it seems to help. I am using Gleim now and scheduled to take exam January 6th for part 2. Chapter 3 is really tough due to the ratios. When you say 85% on each chapter are you referring to the MCQs you can build yourself?

OnmywaytoCPA
    Participant

@Anthony.Barry43 you're welcome! Yes, you definitely want to be scoring at or above 85%. If possible, you may want to be at 90% with Chapter 3. I hate Chapter 3! It's so brutal! I think I'm going to sign up for my retake on January 5th or January 12th. I think that knowing that someone else is preparing/studying for Part 2 as well is going to keep me motivated to study. There was a few of us that was taking the exams at the same time, but one of them passed both parts on the first try. The other one failed one part and hasn't started studying again. And with me I passed Part 1 on the first try, but I failed Part 2. I'm going to push through these next three months and take it in January before tax season begins.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 90
    CMA Part 1 - 360 (Barely made it but I made it)
    CMA Part 2 - 360 (Made it by the skin of my teeth)

REG - 74, Retook 6/10/16, scored a 72 (Hate this exam)
    BEC - 69, 79, 8/1/15
    AUD - 83, 4/4/15
    FAR - 77, 2/27/16

Anonymous
    Inactive

@onmywaytocpa sorry for the late reply. I will definitely be studying with you. I am currently on chapter 6 which is more formulas. I don’t find these formulas as difficult as chapter 3. I really like how Gleim will explain the answer in the MCQs. I even take the focus questions aka True/False to help. As I mentioned before, I am scheduled to take it January 6. We can definitely keep each other motivated and whoever else can too. I did get stuck with a 6.3 ratio regarding cash outflow and wasn’t certain what comprised of the amount. I like Gleim way more than Becker (used Becker to study for CPA while at EY but ran out of time)

EasyDoesIt81
    Participant

Good luck to all. Taking part 2 on 10/29. Using a combination of Hock and Gleim. Hock for text and reinforcement of videos. Gleim for MCQ's and Essays. Averaging 80% overall which is about where I was at when I passed Part 1. Section 4 and 5 of Gleim tend to be my weaker areas right now. Planning to focus on that over the next week.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 84
    REG - NINJA in Training
    CMA Part 1 - 10/2017 - Pass
    CMA Part 2 - 10/2018 - Pass
    vkuthiala
    Participant

Hey All,

It's great to finally find a forum for CMA candidates!

I've taken and passed Part 1 using Gleim. I sat for Part 2 in Mid-October and am frantically refreshing the score page hoping the typical +42 day score release is a day early. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope of passing Part 2 as I wasn't fully engaged in studying for it due to work commitments, so I am planning a retake in Feb and have already started studying. This time focusing HEAVILY on CVP and Rate of Return on Investment chapters.

Good luck to all!

VK

CPA – Certified 2016
    CIA – Certified 2009

CMA Part 1 - 360 (06/17)

CPA - Certified 2016

CIA - Certified 2009

BEC - 77 (exp), (2.28.13) 85!!!!!!!
    AUD - 90
    REG - 78
    FAR - 51 (No Study),71 (ARGH!), (2.23.13) 77!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" - Henry Ford

Anthony
    Participant

Hi VK,

I am also using Gleim and scheduled for part 2 Jan 29th. Good Luck

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.