CMAs out there?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any CMA’s out there? looking for some insight on that exam and question formats. i am currently using gleim review course and practice MCQ problems are multiple paragraphs with a lot of information. is this how the real exam questions are formatted? these seem to take a long time to read through and complete.

also anyone taken the CMA after using gleim? how do you think it prepared you? any spots i should focus on more than others?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@ajga see my response on the other post.

Broken Toy
    Participant

I took the CMA exam using Gleim and the questions on the actual exam are not anywhere near as long as the ones in the Gleim review. The Gleim CMA review (and CPA review) does a great job of preparing you for the actual exam by giving you questions that are harder then the real exam. If study hard I am sure you will pass.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 97
    FAR - 96
    REG - 92

The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking. Mia Hamm

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with @brokentoy Gleim definitely prepared me very well for both CMA exams and for the FAR exam I took yesterday.

cpaswag
    Participant

@AF so how were the sims for far? anything you have never seen before? how about MCQ's did Ninja prepare u well for MCQ's and sims?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cpaswag I used Gleim exclusively. I thought it did a really good job preparing me for both MCQs and SIMs. I thought the SIMs were very comparable to what I saw on the Sample Test last week. I only looked at SIMS that were on the blueprint and ignored all others. I think if you can go through the blueprint and for every Analysis part you are comfortable doing what it asks then you should be fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

found out i passed part 1. thanks again for all your insight. has anyone taken part 2? how does it compare to part 1? easier/more difficult? did you study more or less for part 2? thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought Part 2 was easier than part one and I studied significantly less hours. A lot of the variance was due to studying more efficiently and having a more informed approach in my preparation. The material is definitely easier though. Less focus on calculations and greater focus on ratio analysis.

OnmywaytoCPA
    Participant

Congratulations ajga! I passed Part 1 a few months ago as well. I'm waiting on my score from Part 2. I took it on June 30, 2018. I only studied for 27 days, so I'm extremely nervous. I was thinking about pushing the test back, but I'm so sick of taking these exams, I said forget it, I need to get this over with. Lol.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 77
    REG - 90
    CMA Part 1 - 360 (Barely made it but I made it)
    CMA Part 2 - 360 (Made it by the skin of my teeth)

REG - 74, Retook 6/10/16, scored a 72 (Hate this exam)
    BEC - 69, 79, 8/1/15
    AUD - 83, 4/4/15
    FAR - 77, 2/27/16

LedgerL0ver
    Participant

Most people think that Part 2 is easier, however I had the exact opposite experience. It could be that I was just over the whole process and didn't study as long for Part 2. But even when I was taking it, I thought it was so easy and then I ended up getting a lower score than for Part 1 so who knows!

FAR- 85
    AUD- 84
    BEC- 86
    REG- 89

CMA Pt 1- 420
    CMA Pt 2- 370

FAR 4/24/16 --85--
    AUD 7/5/16 --84--
    BEC 8/30/16 --?--
    REG

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.