University of North Alabama for CPA Exam 150 Credit Hours?

• Creator
    Topic
    gm1234

I am in desperate need of one additional self-paced online course that I can complete quickly. This is to satisfy the additional education requirement in FL. Does anyone have a recommendation for a course that I can breeze through very quickly? I have a new job coming up and need to have this additional class completed prior to beginning there. I am currently enrolled in Univ of North Alabama for the Financial Reporting III course (https://una.cpaexcel.com/papp/enroll.html

), but unfortunately they do not have another class that doesn’t overlap my previously completed courses. The problem is that I received my Bachelor’s in Accounting from Univ of Florida and MBA in Accounting/FInance from Univ of South Florida, so I’ve already taken most of the typical courses offered through these online schools. THerefore, I need something specific like Govt/NFP.

I’m struggling to find one that is similar to the UNA and/or LSU course. Most that I have investigated have been 8-week enrollments. The one that I’ve been trying to enroll in for quite some time now (LSU distance learning) has been “On Hold” due to textbook limitations and they are unsure when it will open back up.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where else I can check, I’d really appreciate it. I’ve already tried most of the typically recommended programs, including: UNA, LSU, UGA, UWF, UNF, Chadron State, Peru State, Wayne State, St Leo, and all the local community colleges in FL.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    gm1234

Anyone? I am really struggling to find a course that is shorter than 8 weeks and my job is beginning shortly. Thanks.

musicamor

If you don't care about “prestige,” try Keller Graduate School of Management or University of Phoenix–they have some quick courses. Also, my alma mater, Dallas Baptist University has some fast-track accounting courses.

Texas CPA - licensed in 2012!!!

Lisa_Jane
    Participant

When I needed a quick course I took an online computer course (Introduction to Computers or something like that) that turned out to be very helpful on the Audit/BEC exams. I live in Virginia and it was considered acceptable as one of my business course requirements.

FAR Passed 5/28/14
    AUD Passed 1/22/13
    BEC Passed 7/12/13
    REG Passed 5/9/14
    Virginia CPA license issued July 2014

LSNYC

I did mine at university of Phoenix, it was quick fairly easy and met my requirements.

Good luck!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

gm1234

Thanks for the suggestions; however, I am still looking for a program comparable to UNA. Keller Graduate's courses are not self-paced, so they goes along with the regular semester. Same with Dallas Baptist (as far as accounting courses). University of Phoenix would have been quicker (6 weeks long), but the fee is $2,335 for a 3-credit NFP course!! UNA's 3-credit courses are $400. And I do need a grad-level accounting course; I'm good to go on Business.

Thanks again for your input. I really appreciate it, everyone!

https://una.cpaexcel.com/papp/enroll.html

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.