CIA Exam next week wednesday

• Creator
    Topic
    jr2018
    Participant

CIA Part 1 exam next Wednesday. I am wondering if working MCQ questions only is enough.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jr2018
    Participant

Any advice for preparing for Part 1 of CIA exam on Wednesday ?

Senior27
    Participant

Hey Jr2018 I am taking Part 1 December 10th. How'd did the test go for you just by doing the MCQ, was it enough to prepare? did you use Gleim or some other self study software? Any advice for preparing for Part 1. I am currently on unit 6 part 1 studying. 1-5 was pretty smooth as far as understanding the concepts and ability to apply them in the workplace. Thanks for any and all insight, it's appreciated!!!

Elle
    Participant

Hey Senior27, you should check out this site too if you haven't already. https://ipasstheciaexam.com/cia-exam-part-1/
    I used Gleim for the CIA and only used the basic study materials (book and MCQ). For me the first part was difficult because it was so conceptual compared to the 2nd and 3rd parts. ISO 31000 is also a good thing to read up on to help with the first exam.

BEC - 01/08/19
    AUD - 03/08/19
    REG - 05/28/19
    FAR - 08/25/19

Senior27
    Participant

Malanared I truly appreciate you!!!! I am so nervous as I haven't taken an exam in over 5 years. I will certainly check out the website and use any tips and insight given as well as read up on ISO 31000. Thankfully my employer allows me to study at work so I am about to began now by checking that out. I am just starting unit 6 with just about 3 weeks to go. So planning to finish 6 and 7 this week and review, review, review from then on.

Senior27
    Participant

Hey Elle did you find the sampling to hard to “stick” when it came to studying for part 1? I feel like some of the sampling techniques are reminding me of Stats I and Stats II class which i struggled with in college. Any advice on studying that material? Also At times i feel like i should know everything with each unit even though only percentages of each unit are tested (e.g. Mandatory guidance 35-40% of part 1) any advice on doubting yourself when you don't know exactly everything for each unit? I'd appreciate any and all insight! thanks in advance!

Elle
    Participant

Hey, there aren't any computations that you have to do on these exams, except maybe the 3rd part, focus on the different types of sampling methods and when/why they are used as well as those tables for Factors Affecting Attribute Sample Size and the one for Variables as well. Know CRIME well and the attributes for each part it. It might also help to know the basics of the Deming Cycle and Benford's Law and the different types of fraud. I felt like most of the questions covered heavily on 1-6 with very little coming from the last chapter.

BEC - 01/08/19
    AUD - 03/08/19
    REG - 05/28/19
    FAR - 08/25/19

Senior27
    Participant

@Elle I really appreciate the advice! I have 11 days left until the exam its Review review review now as i just completed the last chapter last night. Thanks again!

Elle
    Participant

No problem. Hoping your test goes well! If not don't give up. I'd suggest studying for the next part while you wait out your 90 days. The 2nd part is an easier test in the sense that it's more straight-forward.

BEC - 01/08/19
    AUD - 03/08/19
    REG - 05/28/19
    FAR - 08/25/19

Senior27
    Participant

@Elle Thank you for the added encouragement! It is truly appreciated. Scored a 89 on cumulative practice exams. Going to keep reviewing until the test day.

jr2018
    Participant

Sorry for my late reply. I passed Part 1 and 2. Preparing for Part 3 next Friday

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.