How long does it take to finish all CIA exams?

• Creator
    Topic
    Kay

Hi everyone,

I am an IT Auditor in Internal Audit department of an Insurance company. I passed CISA exam, and 3 exams of CPA (BEC, AUD, FAR) and now studying for REG to put an end to my CPA journey.

After I finish CPA exams, I would like to take CIA exams. I have educational background in both accounting, and IT. In this case, can I pass all the exams (previously 4 exams, but from 2013, 3 exams) within 4~5 months? I am planning to study with Gleim as my company will provide the Gleim study materials.

Thank you for the answers in advance.

Currently:
    CPA - Class of 2013
    ALMI (Associate, Life Management Institute)
    CISA - Passed in 2011, Certified in 2014

In Progress:
    ASA (Associate of Society of Actuaries) - EXAM P (O), EXAM FM (O), EXAM MFE (X), EXAM MLC (X), EXAM C (X)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jsblamer
    Participant

I passed all 4 parts in 8 months, but it took me a total of 9 attempts to pass all 4. Since is it going to 3 parts I think you could do it in that time frame.

B -
    A - passed
    R - passed
    F - passed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just curious why you would take the CIA after you pass the CPA. I took an internal audit job in May. At the time I asked my Manager & Director if they preferred I got the CPA or the CIA first. They told me to get the CPA and once I did that, they would know that I could pass the CIA if I needed too. They didn't think it was necessary for me to have both.

shushufeng

I am also thinking about taking CIA, even though I am already a licensed CPA….d just want to apply a internal auditor position in my company and think it will be helpful to have a CIA….

.I am doing budgeting right now, not public accounting, thinking to change my career path to internal audit.

BEC 79 (10/23/2009) First attempt
    AUD 78 (11/19/2009) First attempt
    FAR 78 (02/25/2010) First attempt
    REG 75 (04/30/2010) First attempt

April

A CIA is recognized globally whereas a CPA is not. So if you have your CPA but plan to work for a global organization, you would want to get your CIA as well.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.