Failed AUD with a 29… Any advice from those who passed?

• This topic has 26 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by vbmer.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Lys
    Participant

So I got my score yesterday for AUD and I received a 29 on the exam, yep must be the worst score you all have seen.

But honestly, my failure was expected and I am not disappointed because I knew I wasn’t prepared and I did not study effectively. AUD is especially hard because it is so subjective and does not have straight forward answers, despite people saying it is the easiest exam.

However, I am very shocked at my extremely low score, and I want to get more advice from people who passed, preferably people who failed and then passed AUD. How did you pass and what did you change from your failure to result in a passing score?

I think I am planning to do is buy NINJA, and use Becker + NINJA for my studying when I start again.

Thanks all. 🙂 (don’t feel too bad for me haha, i knew i was going to fail)

Congrats to all the people who did pass their exams this quarter though!

AUD - 29...

FAR -

BEC -

REG -

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    El
    Participant

“Despite people saying it is the easiest exam”. Whomever said that is twisted. AUD was the toughest exam for me. My advice is pass FAR first. My thinking is kind of like, how do you proofread something if you don't know how to write?

B - 83 (expired), 91

A - 68, 81

R - 75

F - 82

Tommy
    Participant

Agree! Pass FAR first. AUD is the toughest in my opinion.

Licensed in IL & GA
    Ro
    Participant

I agree with El! Although I have not passed a section, I took AUD back in 2016 and failed. Just picked studying back up and started with FAR and I will definitely say that a lot of FAR topics would have helped me understand AUD better.

AUD - 75
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
    Lys
    Participant

Wouldn't FAR be even harder to pass? Also, should I try to take AUD again since I have the info fresh in my mind? I'm so conflicted lol

AUD - 29...

FAR -

BEC -

REG -

Bobsacajawillie
    Participant

How are you studying, it would be easier to give advice knowing that

AUD - 81
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 79
    REG - 81
    Fly you fools!
    wenting
    Participant

This is my second time test for AUD, and luckily I passed. I think for audit, the most difficult thing is that it is hard for you to identify the gap between what you think you understand all the concepts and what you actually don't understand the concepts. During my second time review process, besides reading the textbook and take notes, I'd like to make charts for comparison for different concepts and application scenarios. Always go beck to review and link to the material you study.

During exam process, it is very important to review the questions carefully. I really recommend you read each question twice, even a simple questions. If you can identify what it is actually ask and where is the trick point, you will be good for MCQs. For the simulation, I have no idea because I have same feeling to the SIM in both exams. I feel better about my MCQs on the second try.

aud-71, 77
    BEC-82
    REG-77
    FAR-N/A

alex260605
    Participant

Lys.

Purchase ninja. And practice the multiple choice questions on repeat. As Audit is a highly conceptual exam, it should not be difficult at all to do countless multiple choice questions a day for the concepts to become solidified in your brain.

This alone is not enough to pass AUD, but should improve your score drastically.

Good luck!

iwantthiscpa
    Participant

I would go for FAR now. AUD isn't really fresh in your mind because of your score; I'd say anything under a 60 you should re-study as if you never took it in the first place because there are a lot of gaps. You could study AUD again if you really wanted to… But far will probably be most difficult (due to the concepts and the amount of material) that it'll be good to get out of the way before your 18 months start. And then when it comes time to do AUD again after you inevitably pass far, =), maybe youll remember some of the AUD stuff you studied and aud won't be as difficult. One thing that helped me pass aud was making my own flashcards with charts on the different reports. I had other info i thought was important on my notecards too. I took those cards everywhere with me and when I had downtime I'd read them or have someone quiz me. I did a LOT of multiple choice questions. It's hard for me to focus so I only did sets of 10 questions at a time, but I did a lot of sets. For AUD, just do quiz after quiz after quiz. If you get something wrong, and it's something you think you won't remember for next time or a concept you see a lot, write it on your notecard.

FAR: 67, 69, 74, 81
    AUD: 72, 74, 78
    REG: 77
    BEC: 70, 77
    Ralphie Dos Nachos
    Participant

The fact that you think FAR is even harder to pass should motivate you to do that one first. What if you get AUD done the next time but then you struggle with FAR and it really eats up your 18month clock. It's a huge weight off your mind when you pass FAR first, trust me.

FAR - 76

AUD - 89

BEC - 84

REG - 86

B4BeanCounter
    Participant

AUD may be the easiest to ‘study for', but definitely not the easiest exam ‘to take'. You got it next time!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 87
    REG - 84
    "The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want badly enough." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture.
    Cartman
    Participant

If you want honest advice, I would say that you need to study harder. You need to put in the time, and recognize that if what you're studying is becoming repetitive/ is boring you, then you are doing something right. For audit, I read over every chapter 3 times, and only did multiple choice. Def take notes on your weak points, but do not over indulge in note taking, as it a big time waster. I would just read the lectures, and not watch them.

This test is not easy, and is highly subjective as you said. I know this is simple advice, but its whats gonna get you that CPA. Try your best to not feel discouraged. You will pass this exam. In college, I once failed a tax exam with a 40. I didn't pay attention in class, and was blindsided lol. Recently I passed REG (with an 84) after 3 weeks of studying, and the material was mostly new to me. My point is, I had a killer comeback with Tax material, and you will have the same with AUD.

bigstakk
    Participant

I am pretty sure you hold that record for lowest test score in history. I am not sure what to tell you other than study really hard and pay very close attention to the wording of each question. AUD has been the easiest exam so far for me so it’s only going to get tougher. It sounds like you need to go back to school and get more accounting courses under your belt. That’s too low a score to chalk it up as poor studies.
    My advise is go back to school and hold off on taking any more exams until you get through a few courses.

Good luck.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

jeff
    Keymaster

It sounds like the poster took it know they were going to bomb. The shock isn't the fail – it's the degree of the fail. They would need to fail miserably again with 110% effort for more schooling to be a viable option, but even then – perhaps re-reading an advanced auditing college textbook might be in order…there's nothing special/efficient about taking college classes.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Lindsey_p87
    Participant

It's hard to give real advice without knowing the details of how you studied. Did you do a lot of questions (or any) before the test? Idk who told you that Audit was easy, but conceptually it was the hardest material for me to grasp. For me, the best thing I did was do a lot of MCQ (around 1600 total) in a short span of time. I would also echo others here and say maybe switch to FAR. It supposedly helps with AUD (although it's not necessary to pass it), and you'll have the “hardest” one out of the way first.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 79
    REG - 86
    DONE

FAR - PASSED 11/14
    AUD - TBD
    BEC - TBD
    REG - First take 2/16

James
    Participant

I bombed Audit 3 times before I passed. First two I didn't put the full effort in. It takes full effort and being able to find the “trigger” words to really get the questions right. Also know the audit reports. Just re read them again and again until you feel comfortable. Audit is the only test I struggled on. I like to say you have either more of a conceptual mind or a operational mind. Also you need to put full effort in. Half effort will get you half the score. Been there done that and now about to take my final one at 30 with 2 kids… don't be like me.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 82
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Don't Give Up!

My lesson learned is to commit to studying. If you don't, life moves on.... but you won't.

Passed and failed numerous others back in 2016-2017.... dropped out after having a kid, decided I needed to get this finished. Passed AUD then found out we were having our second child.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.