Is Ninja Audio for Reg really worth it?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

NINJA Question –

I just feel that $90+ for a 2.5 hour audio file is pretty steep. At the same time I do live in the country’s worst traffic region which turns a 35 minute commute into a 105 minute commute. I feel like listening to the Ninja Audio on repeat while sitting in traffic until my test could be beneficial. Any insight from those who purchesed the Ninja Audio for Reg??

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I received a two day free Ninja Audio by completing the 500 MCQ challenge and I must say that it did actually help. I can only imagine it being that much more helpful in your case when your stuck in traffic for nearly two hours.

I suggest listening to the free demo while driving and see how it works for you.

Although part of me agrees that the price is a little high, but the other part of me says if it helps you pass it is invaluable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree the price is steep, but with your commute this is definitely worth it! I have the Ninja Audio for REG and it has helped reinforce concepts tremendously. If you have a commute that is over an hour and a half this will be worth the money. I have a five minute commute, but I listen to REG audio other times I get the chance…even while washing dishes (ok not all the time, but I try to sometimes).

Just think – if this helps you pass REG, you have just saved yourself a bunch of study time and a lot of test fees.

I used the NINJA audio for all of the sections and loved it. Easily worth the asking price.

Licensed Texas CPA

Anonymous
    Inactive

REG is the only section I didn't buy the audio for because it was the first exam I took and I passed on the first try. I also didn't buy it for my FAR attempt, but then I failed so I bought NINJA Audio for my retake – I loved it. After that I bought it right from the beginning for AUD and BEC.

My commute was 40 minutes and I listened to and from work every day. I thought NINJA Audio was great and had no problem paying for it. I did buy the 10-point combos though so I could also get the notes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would say definitely get it. It was a huge help for me to be able to listen to it while driving or just to listed to when reading the ninja notes. It really helps when listening to it repeatedly to drive in things that you may have trouble remembering. I would be sitting in my exam and things Jeff would say about a particular subject on the audio would pop into my head when I would be working those questions.

CPA soon

It's good because it's only 2.5 hours, just a good refresher to help you not forget and go over it quickly, I liked it. Though it does not dive into the details, it reenforces things in your head. I think it's good for Reg.

FAR - 71, 68, 74, (8/31/14) 78 ✔
    REG - 67, 71, 71, (10/18/14) 78 ✔
    BEC - (11/29/14) 86 ✔
    AUD - 73, (4/4/15) 86 ✔

I can't believe this is over! 2 years and 3 months..

jeff
    Keymaster

With a 100 minute commute, you can listen to it 3x a week x 4 weeks until your exam = 12x

That's like paying me $3 an hour to sit in the car with you and discuss Tax and BLaw while in traffic 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    QuesoDip

I had initially bought it only for REG as it was my first exam and I have to say it helped me. I then bought the entire thing since it would be cheaper then buying it section by section. It helped me for FAR and it DEFINITELY helped me for AUD! The AUD audio has been my favorite so far. I haven't listened to BEC yet. Jeff isn't paying me to say this, I'd recommend getting all 4 sections at once.

REG - 88 - 8 Weeks (Becker, Ninja Audio/Flashcards, Wiley TB)
    FAR - 87 - 10 Weeks (Becker, Ninja Audio)
    AUD - 98 - 6 Weeks (Becker, Ninja Audio, Ninja MCQ)
    BEC - 87 - 2 Weeks (Becker & Ninja Audio)

We need a reply button at the bottom of posts thatt will quote who we are talking to.

now i don't even know what I was going to say, so pretty irrelevant

Kimboroni

It's sooooo helpful. After using it for FAR, I decided it's a must-have for my other sections.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks everyone for your honest feedback. I'll most likely be purchasing it tonight :). I've been slacking with my Reg studying because I just started my full-time job on Monday so this could only help!

I am interested to see what you think after the exam. During each test I can remember reciting several parts of the program. You already have 3 done so you might just stick to what you are doing, BUT the notes and audio create an awesome framework. I am excited to see you finish strong!!!

Licensed Texas CPA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much. I definitely haven't committed to the same study plan as my previous 3 exams because I just moved out of state to start my job, so I've been focused on adjusting to these changes instead of Reg. I plan on studying today for the first time in a while. I appreciate your encouragement though!

lanoner

If you haven't purchased it yet, I show the REG audio is 4.5 hours. I think it's longer than the FAR audio! And very well worth it.

AUD 83
    FAR 80
    REG 83
    BEC 81

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.