NINJA FAR Audio?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I’m currently using Becker, but there are some topics (inter-company transaction, etc) that I’m having hard time with. I feel like I need a different perspective.

For REG, there were few topics that I was having hard time with and was finally be able to understand it while doing Roger Cram. I’m thinking of doing similar this time around. However, I didn’t have Ninja audio option that time….

For those that have used either or both, what do you recommend? I know Jeff’s teaching style, and I love it…but I also like Roger’s, but don’t have enough to afford both. I basically want an audio lecture that ties some rough ends for me…

Honest opinions?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

I cover a few of the eliminating entries but don't delve into the minutiae in the audio fyi.

With an audio course, its a balance of content and listenability (not sure if that's a word).

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Mom2two

I purchased the NINJA Audio for FAR yesterday and so far, really like it. I am currently using Yaeger for the lectures. For Audit and Reg I also purchased the Yaeger Audio to supplement, along with the NINJA notes. I am sure Phil is a nice guy but listening to him makes me want to bang my head against the wall! 🙂 So I was super happy that Jeff came out with Audio. The audio is easy to listen to, professional (no throat clearing, um's or any of that) and not monotone like some of the others I have heard. The tips and examples he gives to focus on are direct and easy to understand. It makes me think ok I know this, I can pass this thing! 🙂 So for me, I am studying using the Yaeger lectures since I already have them and supplemeting with the NINJA notes and now the Audio. I am using the Audio to tie it all together and add to my notes if there are topics I need further clarification on. Thanks Jeff for such a quality product!!

B: 81 (3X) May 2012
    A: 76 (1X) Nov 2011
    R: 86 (2X) Feb 2012
    F: 64, April 2011, retake 10.01.12 - 75!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the response, guys!!

I'm bumping this thread to get few more opinions….

I really wanna buy an audio set, but just having hard time between Roger Cram or Ninja video.

jeff
    Keymaster

If you are struggling with a topic, there is no better cure than MCQs.

Pound those MCQs.

Here are more audio opinions:

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/ninja-audio

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    jeff
    Keymaster

fyi – the cram vs audio are apples and oranges I'd say and are suited for different purposes.

The audio is for studying when you can't look at anything – such as commuting, exercising – or doing the dishes as some have said 🙂

The audio is 2-3 hours long (still recording) and is $97.

The cram you're considering is 16 hours long and is $375.

Hope that helps.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the audio! I got it yesterday and have listened to it. I'd MUCH rather listen to Jeff than the audio that is associated with my review course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll go with Ninja Audio for now and see how I like it:).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll go with Ninja Audio for now and see how I like it:).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ninja audio? Never thought about it.. what covers in 3 hours? wow sounds like you can listen eve if you are working or commuting to work etc..

Is it useful?

jeff
    Keymaster

Try a demo here and see if you like it:

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-study-plan/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    MCLKT
    Participant

There is so much information in FAR, I think the Ninja Audio is a must. It covers “need to know basics” very efficiently. It's professional and entertaining.

At one point Jeff says something to the effect of, “You're probably asking yourself why I'm saying this on the audio. It's because, come exam day, when you are asked about it, you'll remember hearing me say it.”

That's how the audio works. Almost every sentence Jeff speaks could be an MCQ. Any of the concepts he covers could be a SIM. And it's only a few hours long, you can listen to it over and over (and you should).

Eventually you get to the point where you are listening to the audio and you know what he's going to say next or you could explain the concept yourself… at that time, you have great odds at passing!

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

I used the 10 point combo for FAR and passed on my first try. It was definitely the section I thought I'd struggle with the most, so I was shocked when I found out I passed. I really believe the 10 Point Combo is the reason I passed. I'd listen to the audio at work on repeat. Of course, I wasn't paying super close attention to it since I was working, but I'd catch a few good nuggets every hour. Plus I listened to it in the car and while I was doing other things. I could probably quote most of the audio to you. (At least I could have a few months ago. Probably not anymore.) I watched the video while I ate lunch and worked the Wiley MCQ's for the 30 to 40 minutes I'd have remaining of my lunch hour. I was pretty sick while I was studying for FAR, so I also watched the videos if I got home from work and was too exhausted and/or horrible to do serious studying. (Something is better than nothing at all…) I installed the flashcard app on my phone and worked them anytime I had down time (waiting in line at the grocery store, waiting for my perpetually late husband to meet me somewhere, etc.). And I worked as many Wiley MCQ's as possible. I also had the Becker study materials, but I found the Wiley test bank to be more helpful than Becker's. I think I got waaay more out of my 10 Point Combo than I did any of my Becker materials. The only thing I really used Becker for was if I needed more details on a topic that I just wasn't getting, and I used my book for that. I hated Becker's video.

Courtney

BEC - 79, 75 DONE!!!
    AUD - 70,70, 74, 74, 78
    REG - 83
    FAR - 79

jeff
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback RedRaiderCourtney!

TT is my new favorite Big 12 South school 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    volkova.julia26
    Participant

Where can I find the 3 hour-long FAR audio review? I bought the monthly subscription, but can only seem to find the audio for each section.

Thanks!

jeff
    Keymaster

It sounds like you already have it? It's 3 hours-ish cumulatively.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.