Auth Literature from hell!

• Creator
    Topic
    animalwithin
    Participant

Took FAR yesterday and I had an Authoritative Literature question from hell.

I could not find any codification that matched what the question was asking. I went with what I thought was the best answer but I felt so bummed that I struggled with a Literature question which has never happened before. Sadly, I don’t think I got that one right but time was ticking and I had to move one.

Anyone ever struggle with an Auth Literature question?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tncincy
    Participant

With all the studying, I forget about the Authoritative Literature questions. I guess I better put that on my to learn/study list with everything else.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

animalwithin
    Participant

Auth Lit questions are freebees but this one was horrid. Either it genuinely was hard or I was so tired that I bombed it. Either way, bummed I actually missed one.

John CPA
    Participant

Man that sucks… I would be so bummed out too. Hopefully you did good on other parts for a PASS!!

CPAHOPE
    Participant

Yeah mine was hell too. Can you get partial credit for it? I think i got the first half right but not the latter. Hopefully we both passed, still stressed about the horrendous sims i had to solve on sims

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Otis
    Participant

Same experience here when I took FAR a year ago. I must have chewed up 20 plus minutes trying to answer it (and another 30 when I got home to see if I got it right). Freebie? Not really.

Of course, the one I got on AUD the other day was so easy that I spent 5 extra minutes checking my answer over and over to make sure I wasn’t missing a trick somewhere. Didn’t get one when I took REG, as I only answered 4 testlets, so can’t say, but wondering if it’s just FAR. I practiced all Roger research questions for all tests and never really had an issue with any of those. I do think it’s a mistake to blow them off as easy though.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 85
    REG - 78
    Better late than never!
    animalwithin
    Participant

@CPAHOPE from what I understand, partial credit does not apply to authoritative literature questions.

@Otis I've had some hard auth lit questions but ultimately ended up finding the solution. Most are fairly easy and straight-forward. I've never had one like the one I had on Thursday when I took FAR. I spent so much time on it and still didn't think I had the right answer. Still bummed.

CPAHOPE
    Participant

@Animalwithin how do you know that? Thought you can get partial credit, darn

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

animalwithin
    Participant

I read it on here in a thread. Will have to search for it but from what I remember, you miss any part of the question, it's all wrong, unlike other SIMs.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.