FAR Is Moby Dick

• Creator
    Topic
    Bobby
    Participant

Today I took FAR for the 3rd time. Last time I felt surprisingly good and ended up with a 71.

Today when I took it, I felt as tho I absolutely destroyed testlet 1 maybe 3-4 wrong at most even those felt like 50/50. I moved on to testlet two and it was incredibly more challenging. I marked about 10-12 questions that I felt could go either way.

Fast forward to the sims, testlet 3 felt good mostly, testlet 4 was okay…testlet 5 WAS HORRIBLE, I really hope I am still able to pass.

Testlet 5 was the testlet from hell. These were the most complicated sims I have ever seen and this was my third attempt…

Is there a possibility I still pass, will one of the sims in testlet 5 be thrown out? I pray I do not have to retake this with the updates in january. I only have 2 attempts until I lose BEC.

-sincerely a very shook candidate

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    vbmer
    Participant

That doesn't sound bad at all. There is room to bomb a sim or two and pass FAR, especially if your MCQ performance is strong, which it sounds like it probably was, considering it was your third time. The pretest sim could be on any of the testlets.

I don't know anyone who felt good walking out of FAR, whether they got a 75 or 95.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 89
    REG - 80
    Manager, Big 4 Corporate Finance, CPA (WA)
    MikeyP77
    Participant

You'll pass.

thunderlips
    Participant

Don't feel so bad, Regulation is my white whale

ezakipocky
    Participant

3 wrong and you are destoried already? :3

FAR 85
    REG 87
    AUD 89
    BEC 89

AUD 7/3
    BCE 81
    REG 7/15
    FAR 8/18

mr.cpa
    Participant

Hi bobby,

Hope you are doing well! My best wishes in your retake. Looks like you passed the exam! Im retaking the exam too for a 66… this is my last attempt to passed the CPA until I lose reg and bec in the same window. Could you please share with me any advice, tips, or in what to focus in the last days/ minutes before my exam december 5? Im very frustrated with Far and very tired of studying for the cpa, 3 years+ in this journey. Any help are more than welcome! Thanks!

Puppykoala
    Participant

AUD is my Moby Dick.. littlest content but most confusing

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

CPA_Focused
    Participant

FAR is by far the worse to study for. Currently studying BONDS and it's dreadful. At this point the motivation to keep going is so I wont have to study this again – I don't have time too. Ready to be DONE.

jeff
    Keymaster

The 2020 update isn't that bad. It certainly isn't Revenue Recognition or the new Lease Standard from a year ago. That was bad (for students and review courses) 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    animalwithin
    Participant

@CPA_Focused the GREATEST instructor on bonds is Bob Monette! Watch the FAR plus videos with him on bonds and you'll immediately see how manageable that chapter is.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.