FAR Q1 Exam Experience

• Creator
    Topic
    lfranc8
    Participant

So this was my third try at FAR (hopefully 3rd times the charm). Felt confident on 1st set of MC; 2nd set felt like it was hit or miss. TBS have been my Achilles heel so I worked a ton of TBS this time around. Felt pretty confident on them except maybe two. I did get lucky and got to two research questions. Hopefully its a enough. If I pass this time I just have REG left. Let me know if anyone else has taken it yet and what your thoughts are?

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    The darkest hour is always just before the dawn
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    I did 2.5 year of night school then 2 years taking the exam!
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    freecloud
    Participant

Glad to hear that you got positive experience on Far this time, you will pass definitely.

I wonder what topics will be tested heavily on FAR at 1Q?

Thank you!

Have good faith in yourself on the way of studying CPA exams😄
    lfranc8
    Participant

I am not sure if it counts as positive! But at least I didn't walk out saying it was a waste of money this time! The MC has been my strongest area but this time around I am not so sure. I couldn't tell if it was the harder testlet or not. It definitely wasn't easy. I felt like it was random and I am definitely starting to second guess myself now. I am moving on to REG. I have to take it by the end of Feb/ 1st of March. Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    etg1991
    Participant

That's great to hear! I failed FAR back in October and I'm retaking it soon. I wonder if Gov and NFP are as heavily tested as they were last quarter. They destroyed me. I can hopefully get out this time saying it wasnt a waste of money and time.

AUD - 75
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue what counts - Winston Churchill
    lfranc8
    Participant

I am not going to say to much…But i would definitely go over it!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    mvhoover
    Participant

I took FAR on January 31st. I didn't feel great afterward and was shocked at how heavily certain topics were tested. While I passed the others on the first try, this one is up in the air. It honestly goes to show that you can't count on the blueprints, on forums, or anyone's advice, you have to study everything and know it like the back of your hand or you will get owned by FAR. Hopefully it was a pass!

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
    Jennyhavetopass
    Participant

I took far yesterday. I felt terrible afterward. I studied so hard on certain topics and did not get tested at all!!! I was not good at some topics, and Becker did not elaborate at those topics. I thought they were irrelevant. Well, guess what 🙁 I guess you really have to study everything for the exam.

mr.cpa
    Participant

My exam its in 4 days, could someone share your experience or tips before my exam? Im very clueless and frustrate with this exam :S

mvhoover
    Participant

Mr. CPA. Don't slack for the next three days. Be brutally honest with yourself about what you know and what you do not know. Take your 5 weekest areas and practice those the most. Don't slack on Government, NPO, or IFRS because the blueprints say those will be tested.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 75
    REG - 84
    Licensed CPA, Utah
    Fadelalhendi
    Participant

Why everyone says FAR is difficult I set for FAR on 6/oct/2020 I felt the exam is very easy comparable to Becker mock the questions asks about one concept and very straightforward, also sims wasn’t much harder than the mock.

AUD - 75
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    تجري الرياح كما تجري سفينتنا
    FAR - 76
    AUD - 74,73,70,74,
    75!!
    REG -
    gorban
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I only have one more week to study for FAR. I was wondering if anyone else who is taking the exam soon would like to do online study sessions with me. If you need tutoring, I d be glad to do it for free. It helps me learn better. I can walk you through simulations and tricky mcq that I have from becker. If you are taking the exam soon and want a free online review session, DM me on here. Tell me little about yourself, you FAR story and when are you taking the exam. Looking forward to connect. Thank you.

Done! What is next?
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.