Just took FAR….

• Creator
    Topic
    kstewyc
    Participant

I just took FAR on Sunday, it’s my very first exam for this journey and I felt horrible, defeated. Going in I thought I studied hard enough for over 6 weeks, I should be able to get that 75. Nope, not at all, I cried during the break, most people said the MCQs are easier compared to Beckers’, I actually ended up not doing well with MCQs, I flagged a bunch, like 8-10 each testlets, mostly Government, it’s HARD, it’s nothing like just high level, they go deep in detail with the Government part, I studied so much for other stuffs, I don’t even have a question about Consolidation that I took days for it. Moving on, those SIMS got me headache, only doing okay like 3 SIMS, 2 SIMS completely dead like I blindly entered numbers and even the research SIM was ridiculous. I swear I study nothing, I felt stupid and I just looked at those SIMS blank out.

Now, I know for sure I failed, I don’t even think I will be able to look up my score in 2 weeks, it will be hard T_T

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mr.cpa
    Participant

Mine too feeling exactly man! Defeated. What topics did you get In the sims? Mines where; Sims that;
    1- consolidation
    2- acquisition & Conso
    3- bonds
    4-cash recon
    5- ppe general
    6- Cash flow
    7- Leases
    8- research

KNMCPA
    Participant

I felt the same way. I took Far for the first time in over 5 years and my exam was experience was horrible. I was convinced I failed. The testlets didn't seem to get more difficult, even got the same question twice. I literally stayed in bed all weekend after testing feeling like a complete failure. To my surprise I passed. Hang in there, you might have done better than you think!

FAR - 79
    AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    Reg - 78

I'm going to defeat this beast if it's the last thing I do!!

BEC- 75
    AUD - 83
    REG - 76 (Expired 2/28/14)
    FAR - 53 66

Becker Self Study

CPA2020
    Participant

I just tested today and had a similar experience. MCQs, just what you said. Research question was obscure. It was not an inch deep and mile wide. This was a retake, and I purposely studied everything well, even though I skipped “understanding” several topics and still got a 74 my first attempt. I wanted to make sure I was prepared for the possibility of a totally different exam and leave no stone unturned. It is depressing to think that I learned so much this time, really wrapped my head around so much more of the material, but my exam performance will not likely show that.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 77
    REG - 78
    "This too shall pass."
    kstewyc
    Participant

Update: Passed FAR, this is unbelievable. Next kill is REG.

karla
    Participant

congratulations!! good luck on your CPA journey!! 🙂

Failing is not the end; keep trying. I will keep trying.
    Tncincy
    Participant

Congrats Kstewyc, which materials are you using? Keep those fingers crossed for the rest of us.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

kstewyc
    Participant

I used Becker to study, I like it, very organized and user friendly, I also went through Final Review for last week review before my exam 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.