Oh for craps sake- seriously!??

• Creator
    Topic
    fassopony
    Participant

So I am taking FAR in a few hours. I go to print my NTS and the new ink cartridge I put in is not black, it is blue. A pretty shade of light robin’s egg blue. WTFrenchtoast.

Think it’ll get me kicked out? I could swing by a local grocer and beg for a copy. Nothing else will be open this early- and I am not going to go to work lol

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Studying for FAR, then on to BEC, the AUD, and then REG
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    LVNB15
    Participant

I'm sure you'll be fine! And if they can't read it for some reason, pull up a copy of your NTS on your phone!

Ninja & Becker

FAR: 82

AUD: 84

BEC: 90

REG: 90

jjac118
    Participant

Honestly you never know with those testing centers.. I would beg for a copy somewhere now- so that you aren't worried about it. Good luck, you got this!

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 83
    REG - 81
    -
    12tang
    Participant

Next time, put a copy of your NTS in your glovebox days prior to examination and also like the above mentioned, place a copy of it on your phone. You don't want to give prometric a chance to screw you, because they will.

BEC - PASS

FAR - PASS

AUD - PASS

REG - PASS

BOOM!  JUST LIKE THAT, I GOT MY LIFE BACK!  =D

Using Becker self-study
    FAR: (82) 175 hours - 1st attempt
    BEC: (XX)
    AUD: (69) 45hrs of study - 1st attempt
    REG: (XX)

fassopony
    Participant

I have it in email, saved to onedrive, etc. It's accessible but the directions specifically say to have a hard copy.

No mention of ink color but I can see some little power tripping wingding saying that the blue means it is not a real copy or some other blather.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Recked
    Participant

In for the update on how it went.
    I think you will be fine if they can clearly read it.
    Always print one as soon as you receive the email. I always kept mine in the CPA review book, as I always had those in the car when I went for my exams.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

fassopony
    Participant

It went fine. I went super early so if I needed a black and white I could run across the street to get one. Light robin's egg blue is fine with Prometric. I feel bad for anticipating a power tripping wingding, they were all great there.

I have no idea how I did. Lots of NFP/government ( usually my best topic). Depreciation, bonds, and combinations. I felt really weak in the SIMS. I am ashamed to say (don't think this is too specific!) that one of the sims was a payroll recon and I, former Payroll Administrator and construction cost accountant, couldn't figure it out LOL!! Just goes to show that even if you have done something a million times if you do not understand the concept behind the actual work you will not be successful in various or changing scenarios (especially not if you don't have top of line accounting software that makes life super easy lol). The topics I really worked to grasp I did good I think- the ones where I could literally in my head walk myself through the question going over why and how and the reasoning behind it.

Research question went fine 🙂

If I pass I will be thankful. If I do not I will know it is because I did not study to understand the concepts behind topics I thought I knew. I'm moving on to BEC. And I won't be skimming the costing concepts LOL!!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Silent
    Participant

They do not care what color the paper is. All they need is the password which they will write on piece of paper and have you put the actual paper in the locker.

Recked
    Participant

Sounds like it went well overall, best of luck!!

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Tncincy
    Participant

Good luck to you. Which review course did you use? how much time did you put in?

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.