Sat for FAR today.

• Creator
    Topic
    bmj2s
    Participant

Well, I just got home from sitting for the FAR exam. How long should I give myself to start studying for my retake in September? lol

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    AICPA Ethic Exam = 91%
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    monikernc
    Participant

Hi! I hope it went well for you. As I was leaving each exam a score would pop in my head and though I always doubted it until score release, it was remarkably accurate. The other thing was, the less I remembered of taking the exam the better I scored.
    How do you think you did?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

bmj2s
    Participant

I really don't know if I can say it went well. I spent a lot of time on a research question and I never found the answer I needed for it, which also cut my time short on the last SIM I had. MCQ's “may” have gone okay, I can never tell if they get harder or not after the first testlet. I'm not a good exam taker anyway. Part of me wants to say in between the 50's and 60's but I won't know for about 3 1/2 weeks.

I feel compelled to go ahead and just start taking the MCQ's over again in the dojo, waiting to see if I can do better in about a month or so. I have 2 exams up for expiration on 12/31.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    AICPA Ethic Exam = 91%
    Tncincy
    Participant

Oh wow. Sounds like a typical experience. It's common not to be sure. But just relax today and regroup tomorrow. Keep those fingers crossed for the rest of us. P.S I never knew how to find the research question. Maybe that's something to focus on as well, for me that is.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

monikernc
    Participant

I always took a few days break then continued to study the same topic until score release rather than start a new one.
    Get the free FASB browse access and familiarize yourself with the structure. Just in case. What were you trending before exam?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

RobOh

I hope you did well. I always found it very difficult knowing how I did walking out of the exam. I would say to at least give yourself a bit a break before cracking open the books again. When I was waiting for the results of my last exam, I had intentions of studying to keep the information fresh just in case but I could not focus at all. If you do not find it difficult to study during the wait, then go for it but I strongly suggest you give yourself a little bit of a break before doing so.

bmj2s
    Participant

Usually if I felt better about the other exams when I left, I failed each of them the first time. But I feel really stressed about this one. The research question on the practice AICPA exam was much better to find, but this one I had no key word to search for that came to mind. I was trending between 66 and 77% depending on the questions I hadn't seen yet.

I wanted to come home and hit the books already, as like a compulsion. But I didn't feel like there was a specific topic to really hone in on. I feel like I just could use a whole start from scratch mentality again. I don't have it in me today to actually study some notes though.

I hope I did well, but I feel like I may not have. This is the last one I need to pass before I have to do ethics.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    AICPA Ethic Exam = 91%
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.