Took FAR 10/3 for 1st time

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This was my first time but I don’t think it will be my last taking FAR. 🙁 Wow, what a test. For me, everything went well at Prometric which was great. I felt very confident going into this test. I’ve done 150-200 hours of studying, over 1100 MC, over 40+ hours of videos, NINJA notes, audio, etc.

My first 30 questions were not so bad and I finished them in 35 minutes. My goal was 50 minutes per section to give me plenty of time for sims. The next 30 were killer. I flagged 10 of the 30 and spent over 1:20 on this section without realizing it. Last 30 MC were harder than the 1st, but easier than the 2nd 30 questions. These took about an hour.

This only left me with about an hour for the sims. The sims are not like the Wiley TB. I think they were more like the Wiley book. It took me a while to read the Q’s and figure out what they wanted. One wanted JE’s and but there was not enough space so I learned the hard way to put a bunch of debits then 1 credit to pay for it. The way they ask the questions is weird. I wish I could just put down JE’s or write down actual numbers instead of concept questions for sims. One sim blew me away. No clue how to do it because it was not covered at all in the Wiley book or in my friend’s Becker book!! I had 5 minutes for the 1 research sim and luckily I think I found it.

If I pass, it will be by the grace of God. If I fail, it will be because I didn’t spend enough time on IFRS and maybe gvnt/nfp.

Good luck!!

The only advice I have besides study IFRS is to not take up too much time on MC you don’t know like I did with the 2nd set of questions.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.