Correlation between # of questions on a section, and how many likely on exam?

• Creator
    Topic
    DocJ
    Participant

I’m using Wiley, and got to the Post Assessment regarding Deferred Tax Assets/Liabilities and Accounting Changes/Errors. But apparently, after like a dozen lessons, this Post Assessment is only 4 MCQs in total O_O

Does that mean it’s a less tested area? Is there a correlation between how many questions the study material asks in a section, and how likely that section is actually gonna get tested? Like, with only 4 questions here, does that mean you’re less likely to see MCQs in this area?

I certainly hope so, cuz F$#& DEFERRED TAXES!!!!! -_-

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Pork Flavored Bacon
    Participant

When I studied, I utilised the Becker materials. When I studied for FAR, governmental and not-for-profit was only a small portion of the book. On one of the FAR exams I took, not-for-profit and governmental accounting topics were the most heavily tested MCQ questions I had. I didn't count but they had to be at least two-thirds. I made the fatal mistake of thinking because the sections were so small I should concentrate on the others more. Don't make the same mistake as me.

FAR - 75 | REG - 87 | AUD - 82 | LAW - 81

jombe
    Participant

Anything on Uniform CPA Examination Blueprints is fair game. I had the same experience as Pork Flavored Bacon.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 94
    REG - 96
    --------------------------------------------
    Done with exam. On with life.

FAR - 94 (10/4/15), Local Prep Online Lectures, BISK & NINJA MCQ
    AUD - 99 (1/19/16), Local Prep Online Lectures, BISK & NINJA MCQ
    REG - 96 (4/19/16), Local Prep Online Lectures, BISK & NINJA MCQ
    BEC - 91 (7/19/16), Local Prep Online Lectures, BISK & NINJA MCQ

581 days of listening to lectures, reading texts & 10,000+ MCQs...

lfranc8
    Participant

So I used wiley as my main review source. I took FAR 3 times (just passed this testing window). So here are my two cents for what its worth. I personally used the blueprints the 3rd time especially in regards to the sims (they were why I failed twice before). I did all the lesson assessments for each section, text bank questions each section, and then did the post assessements. I did not do the diagnostic assessments until the end when I was in the review stage.I did sims sometimes when I finished the section and then sometimes only in the review stage. I then worked multiple choice questions and a ton of sims in Ninja. I also then worked the AICPA sample test ( I have done this for all my tests). I only watched the videos. I did not read the book(everyone learns differently and this worked for me). I made a 72 the first time, 62 the second(i tried to turn around and take it 7 weeks later and this did not work for me). I then passed BEC and went back to FAR(81).

AUD - 82
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    The darkest hour is always just before the dawn
    AUD-77*,72,82
    BEC-76
    REG-71,74,82
    FAR-72,63,81
    *-Lost Credit
    I did 2.5 year of night school then 2 years taking the exam!
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.