Did anybody use Gleim?

• Creator
    Topic
    DMV18
    Participant

I just started using Gleim a week ago, and I noticed that their adaptive quizzes are extremely hard to pass and almost discouraging.
    Did anyone encounter the same problem?

“ninja-cpa-review”/

Your attitude determines your altitude
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Skynet
    Participant

I did. Gleim was the reason I was able to pass when when Wiley's and Bisk failed.

The tough quizzes and test bank will make you want to slam your head into a wall, but after using Gleim, I was more than over prepared, that I thought I had failed the exams because I was having an easier time on the the actual exam than I did before.

With Gleim I was able to pass all 4 exams consecuetively.

AUD - 90
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    World Domination Plan

Phase I : Pass CPA Exams - Complete
    Phase II : Megan Fox - In Progress
    Phase III : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase IV : Form the new Charlie's Angels with Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, & Gal Gadot
    Phase V : TBD

BEC : 78
    REG : 87
    FAR : 84
    AUD : 90

World Domination Plan

Phase II : Megan Fox - Initiated
    Phase III : Bring back 8-Tracks
    Phase IV : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase V : TBA

DMV18
    Participant

Did you make sure you passed the quizzes before you passed to the next Study Unit, or sometimes you went to the next SU even though you did not pass the quizzes of the SU before?

Thank you!

Skynet
    Participant

The quizzes is to let you know how knowledgeable you are of each unit.

My average score for each quiz was around 50%.

My study method was to create cumulative tests from each units I went through so that I can keep the materials fresh even though I'm working on a new unit. So if I already went through units 1 through 10, I would create a cumulative tests containing questions from those chapters. I usually do this on the weekends.

I also studied the SIMs as we called it before the exam changed. The 2 weeks before my actual exam, all I worked on were the SIMs and did cumulative tests. This was also the time I worked on my weak areas by basically reviewing questions I kept getting wrong or didn't understand too well.

AUD - 90
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 84
    REG - 87
    World Domination Plan

Phase II : Megan Fox - In Progress
    Phase III : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase IV : Form the new Charlie's Angels with Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson, & Gal Gadot
    Phase V : TBD

BEC : 78
    REG : 87
    FAR : 84
    AUD : 90

World Domination Plan

Phase II : Megan Fox - Initiated
    Phase III : Bring back 8-Tracks
    Phase IV : Megan Fox & Scarlett Johansson Lingerie Pillow Fight
    Phase V : TBA

Teegirl
    Participant

Hi DMV18. I am currently using Gleim. The quizzes are killer hard like you said. However, they prepare you for the exam. I studied for AUD first and it was so hard going through each chapter. Please remain consistent and do the quizzes and simulations.
    I got 85 on the mock exam and 86 on the real exam.
    You can do it. You will pass.

AUD – 86, 85(mock exam using Gleim)
    FAR – Studying now (I am dying, extremely tough) – Gleim
    BEC – not taken yet
    REG- not taken yet

AUD - 86
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 91
    REG - 86
    This is your journey, whether it takes 4 months, one year, or longer. You can do it!!!
    Teegirl
    Participant

I also followed their adaptive study plan. Read/watch videos, then do one quiz, two simulations, study again on weak areas, and the last quiz. During my review time, I go back to previously read chapters and practice questions. It seems like a pain but it worked for my Auditing exam.
    I would encourage you to try different studying styles and pick the one that works best for you.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 91
    REG - 86
    This is your journey, whether it takes 4 months, one year, or longer. You can do it!!!
    Anonymous
    Participant

I used Gleim and passed all my exams on the first try. I also felt a little discouraged the first few times I would take the quizzes, so to boost my confidence while taking quizzes I would go back through the chapter and my notes to verify and make sure I would get the correct answers on the quizzes. I know it may seem counter intuitive, but seeing the 50%, 45%, 60% grades on the quizzes really messed with my head. Using my strategy I started seeing my quizzes going from the 85-100% range and at least convinced myself I knew what I was doing.

This strategy may not work for you, but I just couldn't handle the constant negative.

BEC 11/18 - 94

AUD 2/19 - 87

REG 5/19 - 85

FAR 7/19 - 92

Licensed CPA in Oklahoma.

DMV18
    Participant

Thank you guys!

aschut
    Participant

Teegirl –
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm seriously debating on starting from scratch with Gleim. I used Becker to get the content down and then thought I'd use Ninja MCQ non-stop and taking notes.

While I passed BEC with this method, I haven't convinced myself that this will work for FAR given the wide amount of content. How has your progress with FAR been going so far?

My goal is to knock out the remaining 3 exams by December with FAR being as soon as I can. : )

Jordan
    Participant

Hey DMV18, I am currently using Gleim and take FAR (first exam) on the 13th, in the beginning I was going through really low quiz grades but as I went through them multiple times and reading the explanations as to why the questions are incorrect/correct, the information started clicking and now I'm up to the 70-100 range – even if I see a question that I already know an answer for, I still go through the work-up from scratch to reinforce my understanding of the material; I recommend the create your own study session so you get immediate feedback.

monikernc
    Participant

@greenarrow that is how I studied with mcq’s for the exams. Keep going and take the AICPA practice exam so you will know what it looks and feels like. Do the SIMs and a timed practice exam so you get used to not knowing if you were correct immediately upon answering. Always ask for a calculator at Prometric.
    Good luck all!

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.