FAR Study Group - Page 10

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Hooligan
    Participant

babybird
    Participant

I am so disappointed. I took FAR and passed the first time two years ago, but it took me 3 tries to pass REG, the finance killed me, so FAR expired and today I failed for the second time. I know I failed because I didn’t finish two parts of the final SIM. Why the heck would they ask me to research what revenue electric companies can exclude? Who excludes revenue? I wasted too much time trying to find the answer to that craziness and I never found the answer. I did not have enough time to finish. I know the answers, but I am almost 60 years old and it takes me a minute to think. I can’t memorize, I have to know it. I ask dying here thinking about studying for this AGAIN. I want this misery to be over. It is incredibly difficult to work 7 days a week and study for this test. I don’t have an easy job. I really work for a living. I can’t believe I have to study AGAIN. I just wanted to read a book I actually enjoy.I just wanted to go on a date. But… I have no life but this crap. I refuse to give up because my closest friends are CPA’s, although they tell me that they couldn’t pass today’s test. I had an entire SIM on IFRS. What the crap was that about? Thank you for allowing me to vent to someone who understands my pain. My brothers ask, “what is the CPA again?” My daughters ask, “are you still taking that test?” They have no idea how miserable I am. I guess I am like the folks who die climbing Kilimanjaro. I can’t quit.

Donna
    Hooligan
    Participant

At least you have tried. If it makes you comfortable, I have bought all FAR materials (Becker) in 2012, scheduled and booked for the exam. Started studying but 2 months later I got laid off from work and lost the motivation after going some miles in studying. I ended up going for Master's 3 years ago, and I am here again going for CPA again, and I feel motivated. Trying and failing is better than not trying 😉

junsukim95227
    Participant

Took my Far last week. I'm studying Far still, anticipating that I will receive a failing score. This is my first time with Ninja CPA MCQs. How do I not let it show correct answers as I answer MCQS? I want to be able to see correct once I'm done. ANyone?

Hooligan
    Participant

There is no option to do that. you can only ignore them and take another look at the end of the session.

Asja
    Participant

Can some one please enlighten me on how to determine the difference between AFS and trading debt securities?

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)
    natausa
    Participant

Hi everyone. Would appreciate some help! I heard that the rule changed regarding cash flow hedge and both effective and ineffective portions go to OCI. Is that true? Thanks!

BF98
    Participant

Anyone have any suggestions when it comes to FAR? There's so much material and I'm trying not to be overwhelmed by the whole thing.

nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Is this your first time taking FAR?

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    BF98
    Participant

Yes it is

babybird
    Participant

If this is your first time, study for six months.It is a lot of material and have to cover and master it all. Don’t skip anything, including IFRS, or inventory methods because everything is covered. Cover all off the material is the best advice aI can give to you.

Donna
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

I think 6 months is way, way too long. You’re going to forget the material as it becomes test time. For FAR I used Becker for 1 1/2 months going through the lectures & following their plan. Then with about 2-3 weeks to go I did a ton of MCQ’s from NINJA everyday leading up to the test. I failed with a 73 my first time, but I used this system for all the tests & I’ve passed the others. I’m currently using Gleim to prepare for my retake in a month.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Kyle
    Participant

Hello all,

Quick question. I have passed Audit and REG, and I have until February 9, 2020 to pass FAR and BEC. I am currently beginning Module 3 of 10 of FAR. Do you think its possible to pass both FAR and BEC by February 9? I work full time, so I TRY and get through 1 module per work week and 1 module per weekend. I took a little celebratory week off, but am going to begin studying from around 9/10-6/7 on Saturdays and Sundays, and about 2 hours on the weekend.

Just looking to see if I have any hope, or if people think I will have to retake audit, which im not too upset about. if it was reg itd be another story lol

AUD - 83
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    Not sure what I'll stress about if I ever pass these last two exams
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Definitely a chance to pass both by then ! Just keep up the studying & you’ll be good!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Kyle
    Participant

Just about had it with Becker FAR so far. I have had multiple complaints about both the Audit Section and the REG section, as Becker tries to be as cut and dry as possible without seeming to provide much actual background help or reference. I guess I'm wondering if anyone would recommend going through the multiple choice using the book as a reference before trying to answer these questions with no help, as Becker seems to not give a s*** about helping you understand ANY of the concepts. I'm starting to wonder if I will pick up on it more if i were to work through the multiple choice questions with the book next to me the first time going through it?

AUD - 83
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    Not sure what I'll stress about if I ever pass these last two exams
Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.