FAR Study Group - Page 8

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Asja
    Participant

ranting deleted

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)
    Thisby
    Participant

Maybe a silly question, but…
    I'm trying to understand what the journal entry would be for a note payable issued at $1,000,000 if there is no asset or cash being received. For example, what if a company is paying $50,000 per year for 20 years to the winner of a contest? I'm crediting notes payable for the $1,000,000, but what is my debit?? Thanks!

Asja
    Participant

Thisby -Promotional/marketing expense?

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)
    Thisby
    Participant

Yes, that makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Lizzzy
    Participant

Hello Guys and Gals,

I just received my NTS and scheduled my first FAR exam which is also my first exam from the four. I am excited to kick this exam's behind in June and move on to the next. The study material I am using is Becker and plan to add the Ninja audio to listen while I am at work.

“May the odds be in your favor.”

fsin1328
    Participant

Hi All

I take FAR on May 3rd, I completed all my 20 ch in Gleim and now I am doing mega review for the next few days before my exam. A lot of the concepts I learned towards the beginning chapters are fading away. I have studied for FAR 3 months in total and I still feel like I am not prepared for this exam in 2 weeks, SIMS are my weakness ( and that is a major part of the exam). ( FYI Gleim's SIMS are hell :(, not sure if others feel the same.. ) I been doing about 100 MC a day and SIM reviews these past couple of days for a refresh .. any advice / focus areas you guys suggest I should do before I sit for this exam. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Good luck to you all/ congrats to anyone who has already passed.

THANKS again for any help,
    Fran

Kostas
    Participant

For those who're scared of taking the Mock Exams. I don't know if it will help you but I must share my story. I used Becker and I took FAR in February.
    -15 days before I take FAR, I took my 1st mock exam and I scored 51%. (Disappointed)
    -10 days before the Exam, I took the 2nd Mock Exam and I score 57%. (Disappointed)
    -2-3 days before the Exam date (it was on Friday night. Monday morning I was taking the exam, which means 2-3 days before the exam) I took the 3rd Mock Exam and scored 51% again. (VERY UPSET!)

Well, guess what. I passed it with 75 on my first attempt.

Moral of the story: Don't let Mocks Exams to let you down. They're more difficult compared to the real test, you should not be disappointed by a bad score on Mocks.

Good luck everyone!!

woobie
    Participant

Hey all,

Just started studying I'm in F1 (M3) Revenue Recognition. I got this question/rule correct, but only intuitively.

Landlord collected $500 bucks “nonrefundable” for rent agreement, then the problem went the typical direction (x amount per month for x months, how much revenue can client recognize etc…).

Why is the “nonrefundable” amount broken down into monthly segments? I thought the obligation was satisfied because it is “nonrefundable”?

tbizzle
    Participant

Just took a FAR retake today. Sending out good vibes to everyone getting ready to sit yet this quarter!

nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

Hopefully the score treats you well! Any tips you could give someone who is taking FAR for the first time? Topics to focus on or study habits in the final week or two? Thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    TNTTN
    Participant

Scheduled to take FAR on July 1st.
    Finished chapter 7 of Becker review
    Currently reviewing all previous chapters before going to the non-profit & government accounting
    Man, I feel like I haven't retained anything so far TT___TT
    Have been struggling with SIMs are some of the instructions are very vague & I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 85
    REG - 81
    ^______^
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

I felt the same exact way once I finished Becker. I decided to buy the Becker Final Review and I'm currently reviewing using the NINJA MCQ's. The Becker Final Review was eh, but it helped me remember certain things. I'm really starting to remember most of the information right now as I am going through the NINJA MCQ's. Don't get discouraged right away, just power through the Becker lectures and then do a ton of MCQ's (preferably from NINJA) leading up to the exam and everything will come back to you!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    sdollen64
    Participant

Took FAR this morning and walked out feeling confident that I did well on the MCQs and totally blew it on the sims. And, this isn't one of those deals where you feel like you didn't do well and you actually do. I know I blew chunks. 1 out of the 8 was a research…the other 7 were all fill in the blank and was heavy on leases and consolidations. I did a few sims that are offered through Ninja and a few through surgent but didn't focus on them. Not sure even if I had that it would have helped. The format of the sims on the test isn't even CLOSE to what you see on the test. WTH???

Mentally preparing to have to study for a retake when the scores come out on May 23rd. Kinda don't want to start studying on anything else until I get FAR done and out of the way as I feel pretty confident it's going to be the biggest obstacle for me.

Good luck to everyone studying!

My teenage son to me "If you don't pass, it isn't like you'll die or anything."  True.  Very true.  Just do your best, it's all you can do.
    stan
    Participant

Does anyone know if the EXCEL functions in the CPA exam works?

Stand
    nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

I'm sitting for FAR in just 5 days and I'm hoping this is the last CPA test I'll ever have to take. I've been feeling more and more confident with the MCQ's, but I'm really worried about the SIMs. I hear this is where a lot of people sitting for FAR struggle and ultimately what makes or breaks their score. Does anyone have any advice for the SIMs? Thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.