FAR Retake Advice

• Creator
    Topic
    Holly
    Participant

I took FAR for the second time and got a 68. This is my last exam and I have one more chance before my first credit expires so I am looking for any tips and advice on how I need to restudy. I got a 55 the first time and spent about a month of restudying which comprised of rewatching some (not all) Becker lectures and doing Ninja MCQ’s. Should I start all over or just continue hammering MCQ’s?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

REG - PASSED (5/31/20)

BEC - PASSED (8/31/20)

AUD - PASSED (8/31/21)

FAR - NINJA IN TRAINING

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rafavazquezresto
    Participant

I just took my exam 3/9 for the 2nd time and got 70, 1st time was 55. Since the material is fresh I would start hammering MCQ, re-reading notes and make sure I understand the subjects of the SIMS I failed (Cash to accrual),(F/S Consolidation) and (Standalone Unit).

I guess it all depends on when you took the exam and how comfortable you feel with the material.

Best of luck!

animalwithin
    Participant

FAR will come down to your weakest sections. You can try to rely on luck and hope the exam you get will have more of the sections you're good at but that's a gamble. Hammer away at the topics and chapters that are your weakest.

AndreA
    Participant

Work on your weak areas, know well gov. accounting, be honest with yourself and don't skip anything.

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

Maverick
    Participant

I'd personally want to make sure I could dominate chapters 1-4 and chapters 8-10 in Becker. Obviously, you can't skip anything though. I would spend every moment reading and doing MCQs. If you can't do the MCQs then skip them and reread and try them again once you have mastered the content. Too many people just memorize them.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    Studying with Becker.
    Maverick
    Participant

Make sure you are comfortable navigating the AL. It is the easiest free points on the exam and it is very likely that you will get one.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    Studying with Becker.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.