Studying for FAR full time

• Creator
    Topic
    PackerBacker12
    Participant

I ended up missing AUD by 2 points (73) and therefore lost credit for FAR which I originally passed in 2017. After literally crying and being depressed for a week, I plan on taking AUD by the end of this quarter and hopefully with a pass on my 5th try, I can move on to FAR again. My question is, how long would it realistically take to study for FAR full time because I plan on taking some time off from work to tackle FAR full time. When I passed FAR the first time around, I started studying full time in July of 2017 (that included watching all of Roger’s videos, reading the book where I felt the video wan’t very clear, and then hammer our MCQs) and took the exam at the end of August 2017. I originally got a 58 (I panicked since it was my first exam) but retook the exam again in October and passed it with a 77. This time around, I just plan on reading the book and doing as many MCQs and some SIMs as possible.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

Eh, tough call. It might sound like a waste of time but I might rewatch all the videos instead of reading the book, but honestly depends on your learning style.
    Maybe you'll remember most of it and can just skim the book and hammer the MCQs.
    Just make sure you are very aware of the changes that went into effect in 2018 and 2019.
    I feel like now that you passed almost 2 years ago it might be like doing the exam all over from scratch, so I personally would allow a full 8 weeks, but you might get away with 4 or 6 weeks instead?

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Tncincy
    Participant

@Recked, I am getting ready for far and using ninja only. How many weeks should I commit. I am studying full time. I am feeling desperate after the desperate move towards reg. HELPPPP!!!!!

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Charlie
    Participant

I'd say a month. I used Ninja only for FAR and studied for two months part-time. I think if you give yourself too long, it makes it harder to remember what you studied at the beginning. Good luck!

Why pass four exams when you can pass six?

AUD - 87 (expired, 2/12), 81 (7/19)

BEC - 81 (expired, 4/12), 86 (7/19)

FAR - 89 (4/19)

REG - 82 (5/19)

Tncincy
    Participant

What about using my old becker videos/lectures (2018) for far and ninja mcq's, notes, and audio 6 to 8 weeks? I prefer 6.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Tncincy
    Participant

Does Far has as many changes as Reg?

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Tncincy
    Participant

Do should I move on or wait for score release. I have the 2018 Becker videos What do you guys think.

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

splash6
    Participant

In my opinion, Becker videos/lectures are a complete waste of time. I have the full Becker subscription. You might as well not even study.
    I studied for 2 months full time and still got raped by FAR. Don't trust Becker.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.