Studying for my last part – FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    EANcpa76
    Participant

Well folks, I just signed up for the last part I need to pass, which is FAR. I actually passed it three years ago by scraping by with a 76, but due to losing other parts and retakes, I ran out of time and lost my credit.

I dreamed of the day I’d make it this far (no pun intended). While it sucks that FAR is my last part, I at least have until Feb 2021 to pass it. I have signed up to take it mid-July ( so that I have two-and-a-half months to pass).

For about three years there, I was not passing parts and that really got me down. I never thought I get anywhere with these exams. So I decided to take a break from it from Nov 2018-June 2019, got back on my feet and sat for REG in August 2019. I passed with a 80! Then from Aug – Jan, I managed to pass BEC and AUD back-to-back with a 75 on each. BEC was a pain to study for and I for sure as hell thought I failed. Moral of the story…take the exam anyways even when you think you will fail.

Well, on to studying. Wish me luck!

It would be an awesome to become a CPA this summer!!

AUD - 76
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 78
    REG - 80
    "Be the change you want to be".

"You want something? Go get it. Period."

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    AndreA
    Participant

Good luck! You're almost done, make sure to study governmental accounting well.

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

f
    Participant

Good luck!! Gov and NFP is definitely must know. I failed with a 60 last time and will start with the last few chapters of the Becker FAR book this time. I had rushed through those topics.

I am going to start studying for my FAR retake. Apparently Prometric will remain closed through May 31st so I guess we just study even though this date could get extended. I'm here in southern CA and feel so unsure about getting back at it. If I start studying now I hope to be able to sit for it some time in July.

A-

B- 82

F-

R-

PDiddy2000
    Participant

@F where did you hear that prometric is now closed through May 31?

FAR-Mar 9,2020 (failed 71), retest May 21
    BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    AUD-Passed(8 weeks,1877 MCQs, and 38 TBSs)-Wiley
    REG-Passed(10 weeks, 2000 MC)-Wiley
    f
    Participant

@PDiddy2000 it's on their website. It says updated as of 4/23/20

A-

B- 82

F-

R-

PDiddy2000
    Participant

DAMN!! I received an email on the same day they canceled the last two weeks of April. I guess I'll reschedule for the third time for first week of June. I have to be totally honest, not sure if I can keep studying this information over and over and over again. It's not that darn exciting. Thanks for the update @F.

BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    f
    Participant

No problem and I know what you mean. It's pretty frustrating how we're left in limbo due to everything going on. It's like, what do we do? Keep studying until we can go in and actually sit for a section? Who knows when that will be.

A-

B- 82

F-

R-

Rocko
    Participant

I am hearing that although Prometric has extended their closure until May 31st, the CPA exam has been deemed “essential”, therefore, testing could be starting again May 1st.

PDiddy2000
    Participant

@Rocko It does mention that the financial services sector is one of the 16 sectors that are deemed essential according to CISA but they don't specifically mention Accounting. They mainly hint at banking and investments.

bmj2s
    Participant

I'm also studying for FAR, which is also my last part.

I'm looking for rescheduling dates now, but it sucks cause that's more time for me to forget and more time to continue studying lol.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    AICPA Ethic Exam = 91%
    CH89
    Participant

I'm a bit confused. I'm scheduled for AUD in mid May, but my exam, per Prometric still says scheduled, and I haven't received a cancellation email yet. I don't want to reschedule this exam again for June if I'm able to take it in May.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    What a journey! It took me 12 attempts, do not give up, keep going! Praise God!

Passed Exams: 8/25/2020

Licensed in Pa: 11/24/2020

bmj2s
    Participant

I think since they updated it today, and are still seeing who counts for the month of May as “essential” they haven't cancelled anyone's yet? Not sure though, mine is schedule 5/25.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 76
    AICPA Ethic Exam = 91%
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

Seriously? Wow just wow.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.