FAR – October-November 2009 Window

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Studying sucks- hahahaha. I agree! The wiley books is over 1000 pages, that is about 800 pages too many!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

This thread is for people taking the Financial Accounting and Reporting section of the CPA Exam in the October/November 2009 window.

As always, please adhere to the AICPA disclosure guidelines.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know what the wave 1 cut off date is? It looks like around the 6-8th day of november from what I have seen.

jeff
    Keymaster

It's usually the 7th.

-Jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Jeff – Your site is a great help. I hope it makes you enough money someday so you can quit your accounting job.

jennifer.kunkle1
    Participant

found my answer

jeff
    Keymaster

"Thanks Jeff – Your site is a great help. I hope it makes you enough money someday so you can quit your accounting job."

That makes 2 of us 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    jennifer.kunkle1
    Participant

When would the results come out if I were in Wave 2 – taking FAR around Nov 24 or so. Just wondering if I have enough time to retake FAR in Jan Window should I fail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exam October 30th… procrastinated a lot… now studying 6 hours a day with Yaeger and have Becker Final review scheduled for Oct. 17th.

At least, thank God for Cindy Simpson.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anna i see you studying 6hours a day,do you work full time.I am writting 27 Oct ,FAR too.My final review 2week crash programme is scheduled to start thursday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nah, I'm not working at all until Dec. 7. I study when my babysitter is with children during the day on weekdays.

My goal is to actually pass all four parts before full employment, 'cause I don't think I'll be able to do it with two kiddos AND full-time job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good choice getting it done before you start your job Anna. I have been doing this while working and it makes for a really long day working 8 hours then coming home and studying til bedtime. My poor kids. Soon they will have a mom again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, listen, provided that you have kids and work… you're doing great. I would probably struggle, 'cause I can't study at evenings.

Of course, if I don't pass the Monster – I will have to do it.

ok, positive thinking, positive thinking…:)))

Anonymous
    Inactive

HOLY F#@$$%# SHIT..this is way too much to study. I will now assume the fetal position under my desk and suck my thumb..MOMMY!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is way too much of studying! But come on, if other people could do it – we can… I wanna go out…

TampaAccountant
    Participant

Hey Anna, I plan also to take FAR on October 30th. I finish going through all my Yeager CDs with the Wiley Book.

I took notes, but am thinking of going through the CDs and book again, too better my chances.

What are you going to do to make sure you have retained everything you've been studying?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.