FAR – October-November 2009 Window - Page 4

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Studying sucks- hahahaha. I agree! The wiley books is over 1000 pages, that is about 800 pages too many!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Pooling-of-Interest Method:

Not covered in my Becker DVD lecture very much, but lots of practice questions on it. In college, we barely discussed it because it is a pre-2001 thing. Does anyone know if it is worth studying for the CPA exam?

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm so burnt out of this test! I took AUD Oct 21st & am taking FAR Nov 25th. Have to have passed both of them or I lose BEC. I took FAR in Aug & got 74. I'm struggling this week to keep motivated. But I keep reminding myself “once you take this-you could be done!”

Taking FAR Wed Nov 25th & my family is going to Vegas the 26-29th as our Christmas present to each other. I'll be ready to have some fun!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

CPAWannaBe: FASB does not allow pooling of interest accounting anymore, so I wouldn't spend a second on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks nmm!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took FAR earlier today for my 3rd time, which is the last part I need to be done and I felt REALLY confident going in. I used Becker the first two times I took it but switched to Gleim this time to change it up. However, I went back and used Becker at the end to compare my progress to my previous sessions on the progress tests and sample exams and found that I was scoring about 10-15% better than I had right before I got a 70 in August. However, this exam kicked my butt this morning. I think this exam was significantly harder than when I took it in August, as it seemed like every multiple choice was a trick question. The simulations were not too bad in my opinion, but because the multiple choice was so hard, I did not have as much time to complete them as I usually do. Im feeling really crappy right now, I really hope I passed because I do not want to study for it a 4th time….UGHH!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took FAR yesterday.

I felt really confident going in. Rocked the first testlet, but the second was GRUELING… I know thats a “good thing” but everything after that was a total blur. As soon as I walked out my head started killing me!

Other than the first testlet I have NO IDEA how I did! Panic didn't start to sink in until this morning! If I failed I don't know HOW I am going to motivated myself for a retake because I really felt like I KNEW the stuff going in and really committed the time and gave it my best effort 🙁

I will also be bitter that I missed this huge Halloween party my friends band was playing at AND watching the Phillies in the World Series to study 🙁

I really hope it was worth it. I really don't feel like there was much more that I could have done!

And now I have to go right back to studying for BEC 11/30. I kind of hope I don't get my FAR score back til after I am done studying cause if its good, it might make me relax a little bit too much on the BEC studying and if its bad I don't know if I will be able stay motivated.

therb
    Participant

Cpa chick, that is EXACTLY how I felt. I retook FAR last Thursday, and felt I was definitely as prepared as necessary for this exam. Absolutely crushed the first testlet, but testlets #2 & #3 were a complete crapshoot. Questions started getting extremely ambiguous and I felt like they were all about exceptions OF exceptions. I'm now studying for Audit which I take on Nov 23, and I will be getting FAR and REG scores back in Wave 1, right before I take audit!! Although I don't think I'm going to allow myself to even look until after I take the test.

BEC 75 - REG 74, 88 - FAR 74,89 - AUD 92

DONE FOREVER

Anonymous
    Inactive

therb… good maybe they will curve it 🙂

If you can wait to look at your exam score you have much more will power than I!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Therb,

I saw in another post you did the final review. Did it help? If you felt so confident about the first testlet, then that may be a very good sign. Good luck with Audit. FAR is a killer for me. I don't see how people have the endurace to take sections so close together.

therb
    Participant

I did do the final review, and for me it was perfect. I had taken FAR the first time in August, and didn't get my 74 until September. At that point I was already studying to retake REG, and I decided to crunch out FAR in two weeks. For that amount of time, the Becker Final Review was literally perfect. I didn't have the time to go through the monster book again, and the review still touches on everything. Plus, the questions are significantly more difficult that the hw questions, (sort of like the two final exams), so it gives you a good idea about where you stand. I'm running on fumes now for AUD, but I keep telling myself it could be the very last test. Ever. Good luck!!

BEC 75 - REG 74, 88 - FAR 74,89 - AUD 92

DONE FOREVER

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those of you who have taken this beast of an exam….is it more conceptual and calcs, or should I be focused on nailing down the JEs too. I'm using becker and they show JEs in the materials but didn't know if I should really focus a lot on them. Help! I am so burnt out! This is probably my last test and I am losing motivation and trying so hard not to give up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

WICPAHOPEFUL… I thought the JE's were the most boring part of the review, there are a few questions on the test that where the 4 choices are “debit this, credit this, debit that, or credit that”…

BUT FOR THE SIMULATIONS there are A LOT of JE's that you have to prepare for whichever topic your SIM is on. You can bank on that fact that you probably will have atleast one tab on BOTH simulations that requires you to prep some kind of JE.

So I know it sucks but to be on the safe side I would try in hang in there and review the JE's as well.

That way you can be DONE with this test once and for all!!! Hahahaha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Every time I think about getting my score back it makes me sick to my stomach. I am the only one who feels this way??

jeff
    Keymaster

kmcauliffe – the score anxiety is worse than the test day anxiety in my book.

Brutal.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone else at the point in their studying today that they just want to scream? Or cry? LOL

What do you do to keep motivated? Other than the normal “think about how great it will be to be done” & “you're almost there” thoughts?

I'm so tired of studying but I know that I (hopefully) only have 2 weeks left! Oh please CPA Exam Gods, just get me the 75 on FAR & AUD!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.