Taking FAR tomorrow and feel so unprepared

• Creator
    Topic
    nmj012
    Participant

I’m so nervous for tomorrow. I’m reviewing my problem areas and feel like I’m remembering nothing. Leases, pensions, and governmental stuff are killing me. I’m doing practice problems and still missing a bunch. I’ve been studying for so long but don’t think I reviewed these things as much as I needed to given how complicated they are to me. Any last minute tips? Did anyone else feel this way going into the exam?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    AndreA
    Participant

Review only the basics and give your brain time to rest, it's gonna help you a lot, also I would do quick review before the exam (only the basics). During the exam follow your time management strategy and don't waste any time. Good like my friend, you will be fine! I'm gonna retake FAR in October, I failed with 73.

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

asdf
    Participant

Feel exactly same like “remembering nothing” every time i take test.
    You will remember! Don’t worry too much!
    For FAR, i reviewed my own notes a lot until last minute that helped me.

FAR - Passed

REG - Passed

AUD - Passed

BEC - July 2020 - PASSSSED!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

PETH - Oct 2020 - Passed  😉

bigstakk
    Participant

I spent my last days really hammering down on non-prof/governmental and it saved me since a good chunk of the test contains a lot of it. Make sure to go over the new rev rec rules and leases as well. The key is to carefully read each question and look out for qualifying words (except, best, etc) and for the SIMs whether or not a positive or negative integer needs to be inputted. Attention to detail is huge.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 80
    REG - 82

Ethics Exam - 90%
    Licensed CPA in CA

nmj012
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the advice! Left feeling not too bad about it but who knows if that's a good or bad sign.

@Bigstakk
    I didn't even read your advice until after my test but the point about knowing to put in positive or negative integers for the sims was so relevant. One of my sims I almost submitted and then realized I had put in the opposite signs it had asked for, I was so glad I caught it!

Tugga
    Participant

Don't be nervous. Just keep working and think positive. You will pass.

TheeAccountant
    Participant

No one feels confident taking far. Relax.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    I've found an anomaly in the Space-Time Continuum. NASBA and the AICPA are in the 19th century. They use slide rules to score the exam, and then they send the scores by Pony Express to the State Boards. That's why it takes so long for them to do a score release.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.