The best book

• Creator
    Topic
    Tncincy
    Participant

I started with cpaexcel(full course), got over whelmed and switched to yaeger lectures and wiley book, I also have yaeger cram for Far. I am tired of the lecture. I don’t feel like I am getting any where. I can’t take reading the wiley book because it is so boring, not that any cpa book would be interesting, but I don’t know if I can read that one. I have cpaexcel ebook, but I don’t do good reading on the kindle. So what’s a good hard cover I can read and get this over with. Maybe I am just frustrated, don’t know, but willing to try a different book.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you want a good HARD cover book, I would suggest taking your NINJA notes to to Kinko's and ask them to bind them with a hard cover (with extra pages for notes). Then write your fact nuggets from MCQs in the margins and study them every day and night. Use the books you already have for reference only when you need work on a topic. You can get bogged down with all the details in the huge text books and simply reading isn't enough to get it all stored in your brain. Do MCQs until you want to throw yourself in the river and then do some more. Good luck Tncincy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you want a good HARD cover book, I would suggest taking your NINJA notes to to Kinko's and ask them to bind them with a hard cover (with extra pages for notes). Then write your fact nuggets from MCQs in the margins and study them every day and night. Use the books you already have for reference only when you need work on a topic. You can get bogged down with all the details in the huge text books and simply reading isn't enough to get it all stored in your brain. Do MCQs until you want to throw yourself in the river and then do some more. Good luck Tncincy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm a huge fan of the Roger books, but I don't believe that they can be purchased separately from the review course. I haven't taken any of the exams yet so I can't say how well using the Roger books will work, but I also have the Wiley books and it seems like Roger goes over in a much more concise and reader-friendly manner about 90% of the material that is in the Wiley books.

If you don't want to spend much more money, though, I second the NINJA Notes idea. I would say that compared to the Roger books, the NINJA Notes contain about 60% of that material in a very concise format. Alone they probably aren't likely to help you achieve a passing score but if you study them and pinpoint topics that you have difficulty with, you can go over those topics in the books you already have more fully. There is also the Wiley Focus Notes, which are similar to the NINJA Notes in my opinion but contain a bit more content.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm a huge fan of the Roger books, but I don't believe that they can be purchased separately from the review course. I haven't taken any of the exams yet so I can't say how well using the Roger books will work, but I also have the Wiley books and it seems like Roger goes over in a much more concise and reader-friendly manner about 90% of the material that is in the Wiley books.

If you don't want to spend much more money, though, I second the NINJA Notes idea. I would say that compared to the Roger books, the NINJA Notes contain about 60% of that material in a very concise format. Alone they probably aren't likely to help you achieve a passing score but if you study them and pinpoint topics that you have difficulty with, you can go over those topics in the books you already have more fully. There is also the Wiley Focus Notes, which are similar to the NINJA Notes in my opinion but contain a bit more content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tncincy
    Participant

I have ninja notes, audio, and flash cards. I have almost memorized the ninja notes for Far. I must admit I was afraid it was not enough, which it is probably not, but I can go with doing the mcq's until the snow melts. (lol)

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Tncincy
    Participant

I have ninja notes, audio, and flash cards. I have almost memorized the ninja notes for Far. I must admit I was afraid it was not enough, which it is probably not, but I can go with doing the mcq's until the snow melts. (lol)

It begins with a 75

It begins with a 75

Ivy
    Participant

Which book has an expand material and a lot of color charts?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.