Official I Passed FAR Thread - Page 12

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Pat
    Participant

Passed FAR on 5th try. Passed Audit, Reg, and Bec on the first try! All done now!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    All Done! Yay!
    AICPAy2Play
    Participant

WannaFree, no problem! First off, I studied….A LOT! But what was important for me was to have a break day every week where I didnt study at all. And while studying through the week, know when you hit the wall. What I mean by this is, there is no reason to continue studying new topics when you are no longer retaining information. It hurts you because you arent learning anything and are essentially skipping those sections. Take a break, go for a jog, eat some food and then come back to it. Try to leave yourself about ten days for review before the exam. Go back over all of the earliest stuff you studied and get familiar with it again. Take the last two days to master Govt and NFP. Ninja Audio really helped as well. Listen to it everyday during your commute to work/school/wherever you study. Or listen to it whenever you get a chance really. I used Wiley CPAExcel for my main review course and thought it did a great job preparing me. Nothing on the exam felt that difficult and it actually felt like the easiest exam out of all four of them. I ended up with about an hour of time left to complete the exam. I flew through the MCQs. To me, you either know it or you dont. Calculations take a little more time but I didnt stop for 5 minutes on a question and try to pry that information out of my brain. As far as SIMS go, mine seemed easy. Sure they have a lot of info to go through, but just take it from the top and answer one question at a time. Dont get overwhelmed. Use your literature tab if there is a concept you arent familiar with. If you have extra time at the end, review every answer of every SIM from the last testlet. When I did this, I found a small error that I made that affected three different answers.

BEC - 81

REG - 80

AUD - 74, 94

FAR - 95

Reema
    Participant

88 on a first try. I am so happy..

AUD - 86
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 88
    REG - 84
    B - 88

A - 86

R - 84

F - 88

Roger + Ninja MCQs

Claryrd77
    Participant

I pased FAR with a 76 on my second try.
    Now on to audit (lost credit) and and will be done forever!

AUD - 83
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 76
    REG - 85
    claryrd77

AUD- 8/1/2015 - PASSED - A LOT OF PRAYERS AND STUDY TIME. Used Gleim and Ninja notes and flashcards
    FAR- November 2015
    REG- January 2016
    BEC-

EANcpa76
    Participant

Passed on the fourth try with a 76, and I'LL TAKE THAT! Holy crap this section was the death of me. A whole year already gone by and so many times I said to myself “maybe I'm not meant to be a CPA”. Then I forced myself to not think like that, used a whole week of vacation for last minute studying, and just buckled down.

I should note that after I switched to Becker, I passed. So while it is very expensive, it is definitely the best out there IMO. I found that the best way for me to study is to read the chapter first, do the MCQs, and only watch the videos if I am truly not understanding the material. Otherwise, I feel you just waste so much time trying to get through all of them and become overwhelmed.

Or maybe I just lucked out this fourth time around.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 78
    REG - 80
    "Be the change you want to be".

"You want something? Go get it. Period."

Elisabeth
    Participant

Passed FAR with a 77, so happy!!

A - 73, 71, 80  (9/5/17)
    B - 75  (11/30/17)
    F - 77  (7/26/17)
    R - 73, 82  (7/1/16)

Licensed 2/2018

ajve34
    Participant

Thank you Jeff. I used Becker for 3 of the 4, but I used Ninja to get me over the hump! Thanks. If you need a testimony. Reach out. I am so glad to be done. I want to thank God, Parents, and friends.

Finally done
    Someday_I_will
    Participant

My last section FAR after the changes…No way, I thought I failed. It seems that a lot of people are passing…Am I wrong?

AUD - 85
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    Nothing is impossible...

REG - 75

Sittingforexam
    Participant

So glad to say that I passed FAR with an 82! The first time I took it in late 2015 I got a 58 after studying for 3 months. I was confused and devastated and wondered what went wrong. I soon realized that 3 months is too long to study especially when not reviewing often as you go. I thought that the information would magically be recalled just because I went over it one time. Once I learned this didn't work, I tried again and got a 70 in early 2016. I was pretty upset; however, at this point I knew that I could do it. Tried again this past July and was finally able to pass! I have read this forum plenty of times for encouragement, study tips, etc. and I am so thankful for Jeff and for you all! I encourage anyone who has not yet passed FAR to continue the fight and do not let it get you down.
    Study Tips:
    -Watched all Becker lectures
    -Read/skim chapters and took limited notes
    -I worked all Becker MCQ questions twice and took notes only on items that didn't come to me as quickly
    – I worked about a third of the Becker Sims once ( followed Jeff's advice on a recent Podcast of making Sims only about 20% of study time and MCQ 80%)
    – after everything above, I just worked progress tests of MCQs the 2 days leading up to the exam.
    Please know that if you keep going, you will pass FAR!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    Bec Feb. 2017: 76;  FAR July 2017: 82; AUD Sept 2017: 81; REG Sitting Nov 2017

FAR - 11/30/15

IGOTTHEKEYS
    Participant

Passes Far with a 82!! I sure though i failed or came close

Got REG and FAR down. Time to kill AUD and BEC and take the crown.

CS
    Participant

Congratulations to everyone, everyone has undoubtedly worked hard for this (and all other) sections.

I was in Las Vegas for the release score with my wife and 2 year old, and with my 2 year old falling asleep in the crib and my wife hitting up the slot machines downstairs, needless to say once 12 am EST came along I started getting nervous. Fortunately, got an 81!

Very excited to have passed, despite a few undoubtedly missed/wrong questions, but happy with the 81.

Late post but I squeaked through FAR last quarter! I only have REG left, and then I'll have passed all four sections. Woohoo!

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 76
    REG - 75
    Quitters never win.

AUD 73, 73, 84!!! PASSED
    BEC 74
    FAR 62, 73
    REG

Bourne
    Participant

This thread makes me very excited and very very nervous about score release. We need a way to get a sneak peak at our scores, I'm going crazy

AUD- 82
    REG- 86
    FAR- 86
    BEC- 88
    jeff
    Keymaster

Bump for Score Release

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first exam and first try. Waiting to check my AUD!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 400 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.