Official I Passed FAR Thread - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Ssea77
    Participant

I passed Far with 77. Still cannot believe that I made it! Thank you, Jeff! One more to go!

AUD - 76
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    Never ever give up!
    refinnej
    Participant

Passed FAR! Finished the Test. What an accomplishment. I have never felt so much relief or satisfaction.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 80
    -J

BEC - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    FAR - Not scheduled yet

Anonymous
    Inactive

82 on FAR!! I passed it on the second try after getting a 72 the first time. I didn't really study many practice simulations, I mostly did lots of MCQ and wrote lots of notes. I felt pretty good about the multiple choice testlets and some of the sims. I'm pretty sure I got the research question right. But I wasn't sure that I would pass since there was one sim that I had no idea what to do or what it was even asking, I could not figure out what to put. My score report on my first attempt said I was “weaker” on simulations but “comparable” on the multiple choice. But this was my last exam and I am finally done with the CPA exam!! Good luck to those who still need to pass.

liontree
    Participant

I passed FAR! yay!!

I studied beckers only: viewing all the lectures and doing all the homework and sims (didn't do optional questions though). A week before my exam date, I did progress test and focused mainly on MCQs. I did 30 questions at a time, instead of 90 Qs, then reviewed on what I got wrong (just reading through the explanations and tried to understand the concept behind it); repeat.
    I took both Final reviews on beckers and got avg. 77, including MCQs and Sims (I did better on Sims). I just had to hope to get higher score on actual exam. I was feeling ok though due to posts I found online: people were saying that beckers final reviews are much harder and you would get 7-10 pts more on actual exam.

On my exam day, I got so many non-profit questions that I was thinking WHAT THE! inside of my head while taking the exam….sigh
    That was my first panic attack. Then the second panic attack was….. I got TWO research questions. Not sure if that's good or not but that means I had to do all of my other sims comparably good! oh gosh… my confident was wayyyyyyyy down.
    I took a week break due to Thanksgiving and started studying for the next exam, BEC.

On score release day, I checked my score and I got….. 86! woohoo!! I got so excited wanted to celebrate but then got to continue study for BEC lol.
    I am just glad I passed my FAR, the most longest part of the CPA exam!
    1 down, 3 more to go! YAY!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 86
    REG - 82
    Study Material: Becker
    liontree
    Participant

ahaha update to my post above (hmm can't edit?)

Avg. score 77 I got is for the progress test I took.
    As for the Final Review, I got avg. 74

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 86
    REG - 82
    Study Material: Becker
    Anonymous
    Participant

Woohoo! I passed FAR with a 78!!!

AUD - 88
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 78
    REG - 83
    Done Forever!

BEC 08/31/2016
    AUD XX/XX/XXXX
    FAR XX/XX/XXXX
    REG XX/XX/XXXX

garnerr2
    Participant

Yours is out?????

AUD - 76
    REG - 78
    FAR - Aug 2016
    BEC - 79

Alex
    Participant

Passed Far using only Ninja with an 84! First exam!

AUD - 90
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 84
    REG - 86
    Ninja only!
    emichelle2321
    Participant

Omg I got an 84! This is my first CPA exam ever I thought for sure I had failed. Used only Becker. I am SO HAPPY

AUD - 81
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 84
    REG - 83
    Done!!!!!
    fahadg89
    Participant

Lost my FAR credit due to failing audit this window. Applied for my for an NTS for aud and FAR. Some how managed to find a seat freaking 30 miles from my house. Studied FAR for 13 days, about 6-8 hours per day, no days off. Used Rogers course review and ninja MCQs.

After taking the exam I really thought I failed. Felt like I messed on a lot of questions and at least 2 sims were really difficult. But passed with a 77. If you study you will pass.

mckan514w
    Participant

woo hoo emichelle and here you thought you had failed it! So happy to read of the passes gives me hope so Congrats to all of you guys… I am back at it come Q1 🙁

And they ask me why I drink

BEC 71, 82
    AUD 75
    REG 75
    FAR 61, 69, 83

and they ask me why I drink...

FAR- 61-next time I'll ask for lube instead of a calculator
    REG-75- Never been so happy to see such a low grade
    BEC- 8/11
    AUD- 9/2

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't even know how I passed. They might as well have named the test GNFP cause that was half of my questions. Sims were absolutely BRUTAL. I felt like I probably at best got 50% of the simulations correct. Came out feeling like I wanted to cry. Bought FAR MCQ earlier in the week already prepping for a retake. That's how bad it felt. I have no idea how these exams are scored.

xlam_nyc
    Participant

Never thought I would post on this side of forum but I am pleased and blessed to say that I am finally DONE with the CPA Exam!! What a Merry Christmas 🎁🎄!

My motto for 2016 has been to buckle down and study like a mad woman. I passed all 4 parts in 2016. I even forced myself to become a morning person so I can study more and quietly without kid noises and thankfully the strategy and efforts paid off. All those months of sacrifices and Hubby being single parent were not in vain. For example I couldn't celebrate Mother's Day because I had an exam coming up the very next few days. My kids had to bring me their homemade breakfast to my study…sad but true. My advice to anyone willing to listen is: Never let naysayers tell you it can't be done. Definitely don't say that to a mother…oh the willpower of a mother! Being a liberal art major, I certainly followed the accounting and CPA path unconventionally. You can say I am a chronic but proud scorer of 75! Nonetheless studying and passing the CPA exam are doable if YOU believe in yourself and NEVER give up. Just look at me: passing the 4 grueling parts of CPA exam at the mature age of 40 with more wrinkles, gray hair, and dark circles then before. I have studied almost exclusively with Gleim and sticked with one section at a time until I passed. Oh and I kept the whole CPA exam journey confidential so to stay focused and avoid unnecessary pressure. Even my mother didnt know about my CPA exam journey! At the end of the day, it is all worth it! I am forever grateful to the Another71 forum for all the advice and support. Happy Holidays all!

B 74, 80
    A 75
    R 68, 75
    F 75

skylark
    Participant

First post on here! I passed FAR with an 85. I gotta say, FAR definitely lives up to its perception as the hardest test. I feel so lucky because I only found out about how much focus there is on Gov't/NFP accounting until the night before, so I focused on that for a few hours and apparently knew enough to pass. I thought I had done horribly (especially once the TBS rolled around), but it ended up alright. If I had to guess, right answers on FAR seem like they are weighted more heavily than AUD or BEC (the 2 other ones I have taken), just because I felt like I didn't know a single thing on the TBS. Only have REG left now!

For any curious on my review usage, I used Gleim and focused entirely on MCQs, doing over 2000 in 6 weeks. I spent a tiny amount of time on the TBS before coming to the conclusion that I'd be better off hammering out MCQs. It may have almost cost me, but it worked out! And now I just have REG left.

We're getting there!

AUD: 82 - 8/29/16

BEC: 84 - 10/24/16

FAR: 85 - 12/10/16

REG: ?? - 1/21/17

Zhijin Wang
    Participant

I passed FAR with 89 on my first try. I didn't do any mock exam and I didn't finish up all the Ninja MCQ so my trending score was like 67…the real exam is very different from my practice mcq. All testlets are pretty hard, and almost all computation…

FAR 89

BEC 85

REG 3.10.17

AUD 5.25.17

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 400 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.